Harry Potter And The Prizoner Of Azkaban

Started by modage, July 31, 2003, 09:57:31 AM

Ghostboy

In the words of the Teen Girl Squad, this movie is SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

Keep in mind that I'm a big Harry Potter fan who even loved the turgidly faithful first two films.

More later, gotta run.

xerxes

ghostboy, i am very jealous. i have to wait a full day (1 day, 8 hours and 24 minutes actually) to see it.

Jeremy Blackman

Harry Potter doesn't do anything for me.  :yabbse-sad:

xerxes

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanHarry Potter doesn't do anything for me.  :yabbse-sad:

have you read the books???

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: xerxeshave you read the books???
I've tried, but it's just so self-consciously and obsessively atmospheric. Wizardry and magic by itself doesn't really attract me. D&D only goes so far.

Alethia

Chest Rockwell

Well if Ghostboy likes it, I probably will, too. One question: there's one thing I'm really worried about, apparently that 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' song is sang IN the movie. Is it at least done well?

Just Withnail

Quote from: Chest RockwellWell if Ghostboy likes it, I probably will, too. One question: there's one thing I'm really worried about, apparently that 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' song is sang IN the movie. Is it at least done well?

You didn't think it rocked in the trailers?

Pubrick

Quote from: WithnailYou didn't think it rocked in the trailers?
what does it matter? is the movie one big trailer?
under the paving stones.

Just Withnail

Of course not, just wondering why he disliked the song, I asked about the trailer since I thought that's the only place he could've heard it. Until I checked a minute ago, I didn't know the sountrack was out.

Finn

Wonder if the new director, Alfonso Cuaron, will out-do Chris Columbus as far as artsy direction is concerned. After all, he seems to have done more daring and artistic projects than Columbus.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

xerxes

Quote from: Insomniac (aka Quoyle)Wonder if the new director, Alfonso Cuaron, will out-do Chris Columbus as far as artsy direction is concerned. After all, he seems to have done more daring and artistic projects than Columbus.

i'm sure most people can out-do chris columbus

matt35mm

Oh snapz!

... yeah it's true... even though I liked the two Potter films so far.  But I do expect this one to rock the world fantastic.  It's the only one of the three that I've been excited for.

Alethia

holy shit this movie was great.  easily the best of the three.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanWizardry and magic by itself doesn't really attract me.

"you evil evil man.  how could you not like wizards and magicians?  when i first saw king arthur i knew i had a symbiotic connection w/ magicians and wizards and all things mythology.  even when i  soared out of my moms womb i  held on to my umbilical cord like it was excalibur.  during my high school days i would go to parties and when gross girls would put their hands down my panties i would cast a spell on that bitch.  i would scream w/ demonic howling...kaza am zulu neo hazan kalizuma!!!..and then   the girl would dissapear in a cloud of smoke.  my aunt [who i use to live with] tried to rid me of my powers but this  wasn t to be.  i ran away into the woods of zealiima and adorned the high robes of gerishima.  i survied by casting spells to create my own food.  and when the sun of hezgred appeared i knew my time had come.  the final summon was about to arrive and i was to be the heir."

sincerely,

The high wizard Mystic Warclops  [cetified platinum status magic: the gathering  card player]