Ask The Gold Trumpet

Started by Gold Trumpet, April 30, 2003, 07:35:07 PM

©brad

Thrindle

Ok GT, I want honesty and constructive criticism.  Giver.

http://thrindle.deviantart.com/
Classic.

cine

Quote from: ThrindleOk GT, I want honesty and constructive criticism.  Giver.

http://thrindle.deviantart.com/
don't you two talk anymore?

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Myxo

Electoral College is great.

The other two are so-so for me.

modage

Quote from: Stefendid you and gt have sex?

they did, but that didnt work out so well...

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetAnother dissent. Yes, I didn't like the sex. But no, I wasn't out to hate it either. There was a feeling of backlash with me to how accepted 'intercourse with women' was, but I really believed it would have been a great experience for me. I had this experience with Xixax member Thrindle and she'll even verify I really wanted to like the intercourse but alas, i could not. It wasn't even mildly good for me. It was plain bad.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gold Trumpet

Selected poems from the site....

Quote from: ThrindleElectoral College

We are rights, voices, shouts, cries,
we are passion.
We are victory.
We are legislated prejudice.
We are pro-life, rape-conceived, child.
We are reality tv.

We are Moral.

We are caffeine nicotine ephedrine
High.

We are heterosexual.
We are married
to our Swans,
and just-so houses.

We are two-person Pride,
on a Thursday afternoon.

We are learning,
we are reading,
we are voting,
we are singing,
our Prerogative.

We are Christian

We are upwardly mobile.
We are middle class rich.

We are trickle down.

We are free

and God,
We work hard,
for everything you have given us.

This reminds me of U2's God Part II. That song spoke about hyprocrisy in American culture in relation to morals and ethics. It was more of a religious focus while this is political. God Part II is really one of U2's most underrated song, bringing a feel (without ever specifically say its own meaning) of the insanity it is to not believe as much as to believe and how American culture spun it to outrageoussness. You spell it a little more, saying things that can be easily understood but to your credit, the lyricism clicks. It hits every note in a way that doesn't air out the subject and keeps a pace that has a really good effect to it.

Quote from: ThrindleNeed

Pull me in
to everything

you

I'll give
a year in my mind
and the secret
on my lips

To have you
have me
with burning streetlights
and my insomniac moon.

The best part of the poem is the separation between the first body and that "you" that sits alone. The transition is perfect because the first body hangs on the detail of what you really need, but there's no detail to be said. As it makes the transition, you are able to vocalize a breath being said by the audience as they read and the unbearable feeling of the author is really felt because so much more exists in that breath than one can imagine. Really a great achievement in just that part. I also know I am minimizing one part of the poem, but its by far the most interesting thing to comment on.

Quote from: ThrindleAnimation

Yesterday
I engaged in conversation
His words drizzled around my face
streaked my thoughts.
His dialect: frenetic dance
scampered without rhythm

His reverie splashed
into tinted air
I tried to correct his words, grammar, and
speech
sigh
Instead, he poured himself
into a rainbow

Really good. The ability to stream a normal situation into how one is able to show love really works in the "less is more" quality. You don't have to say how he loves, but pronounce the ability for him to transcend a minor moment in everyone's daily life.

Stefen

I could see myself fucking thrindle.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: Stefendid you and gt have sex?

they did, but that didnt work out so well...

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetAnother dissent. Yes, I didn't like the sex. But no, I wasn't out to hate it either. There was a feeling of backlash with me to how accepted 'intercourse with women' was, but I really believed it would have been a great experience for me. I had this experience with Xixax member Thrindle and she'll even verify I really wanted to like the intercourse but alas, i could not. It wasn't even mildly good for me. It was plain bad.

Your time of harassing me has finally paid off. Fucking beautiful.

Thrindle

Quote from: MyxomatosisElectoral College is great.

The other two are so-so for me.
Yeah, I think those two are so-so as well.  It's funny because as you get older your focus changes.  My melodrama has shifted somewhat... but it's starting to feel like apathy.  Whatever.

Thanks for the feedback... because I was really insecure about Electoral College.
Classic.

Stefen

Hey Thrindle, talk about that one time where I said I could see myself fucking you.

Thrindle

Quote from: StefenHey Thrindle, talk about that one time where I said I could see myself fucking you.
I'm not into hate-sex.
Classic.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Thrindle
I'm not into hate-sex.

But just imagine the make-up sex afterwards.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Gold Trumpet

GREEN SCREEN ANNOUNCEMENT:

I'm starting a Bi-Weekly column. Or, rather, a journal. Calling it a column makes me think I have a professional bone in my body about anything I do here. The purpose of me announcing this here of all places is that even though the material will be original in that I will write about select subjects, I also have a desire to attach the purpose of this thread to the journal. I'm accepting questions for a future journal through private message.

Try to keep the question related to film but if you want to bash me, be clever. I may even respond. I really don't mind, but also with not minding, I really don't expect much of anything question wise. Just look at the number of people who asked me questions through out this long thread and you'll see more people likely post now than have asked me a question. I give much kudos to the great Neon Mercury for being the life of this thread. I'm just putting this out there anyway.

So, if you want to throw me a question, I'll greatly appreciate it. I can gurantee nothing short of my best but that really may not be much given certain topics. Or a lot of topics! Its just I had so much fun doing this thread I would like to keep it going in some way.

Yes, the idea is as egocentric as you get, but I heard a critic recently say for a critic to be a critic he has to be somewhat arrogant. Lets say I'm just planting my roots here.

life_boy

So, you mentioned a loss of respect for 2001.  If you did a Top 5 Favorite Films List now, has it changed much since January 2003?  

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet5 is easier than 10 for me.

1.) 2001: A Space Odyssey
2.) 8 1/2
3.) Grave of the Fireflies
4.) Apocalypse Now
5.) L'Avventura

(revised with PDL taken off and L'Avventura put on)

~rougerum