The Fantastic Mr. Fox?

Started by Weak2ndAct, October 29, 2004, 02:06:02 PM

Weak2ndAct

From Scriptsales.com:  

Title:       The Fantastic Mr. Fox
Log line:  A crafty fox finds himself and his family targeted for death by the three dumb, plug-ugly farmers who are tired of sharing their chickens with him.
Writer:    Wes Anderson and Noah Baumbach
Agent:     Jim Berkus of UTA and atty. Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum & Morris
Buyer:     Revolution Studios
Price:       n/a
Genre:     Comedy
Logged:   10/29/04
More:      To be adapted from the novel by Roald Dahl.  Wes Anderson will direct.  This will be a stop-motion animated film.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

This was mentioned in Entertainment Weekly a few months ago, actually -- just a little blurb about it being a potential project. Guess it's true. Roald Dahl seems right up Wes's alley...this will be amazing, especially if it's stop motion.

Finn

Sounds like a real masterpiece :roll:
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

ElPandaRoyal

Si

Ghostboy

I don't understand the sarcasm/confusion.

ElPandaRoyal

It just sounds like a very weird project. That doesn't mean I'm not excitef with it. I really am. Actually, I think I got a boner when I read it.
Si

Weak2ndAct

The only thing I thought when I read about this flick was that I hope it isn't Henry Selick doing all the grunt work while Wes gets all the credit (if in fact, Selick is doing it-- I would assume so after his contributions to 'Aquatic').

Pubrick

yes, the forum description worked!!

thank u w2a.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

soixante

Music is your best entertainment value.

Pozer

Why Christopher "show me a talkin' animal movie and I'm in" Walken of course.

MacGuffin

FANTASTIC Move for Anderson
Wes Anderson on board with Revolution for a stop-motion animation adaptation of Roald Dahl's The Fantastic Mr. Fox. Source: FilmStew.com

Joe Roth and his Revolution Studios are teaming with The Royal Tenenbaums' writer-director Wes Anderson for a big screen stop-motion animation adaptation of Roald Dahl's The Fantastic Mr. Fox, which will be released by Sony. The project marks the first dip into animation for both Anderson, who will direct the project, and Revolution.

Anderson and Noah Baumbach, who recently collaborated on the script for The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, will adapt the tome, which centers on a family of sly foxes who find themselves the targets of three ugly farmers' guns. The farmers are tired of sharing their chickens with the foxes and want the foxes terminated.

Anderson, repped by UTA, is known for his work on witty comedies such as Rushmore and Tenenbaums. He also wrote and directed Bottle Rocket, and his most recent effort, Life Aquatic, will be released on Christmas Day by Buena Vista.

For Roth's part, he most recently directed the holiday comedy Christmas with the Kranks, which will bow in November. His other helming credits include America's Sweethearts and Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise. On the producing side, his more recent efforts include The Forgotten, Mona Lisa Smile and Hollywood Homicide.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

lamas

oooh Nerds In Paradise.  this IS gonna be good!

Ghostboy

Don't forget that Joe Roth also financed Punch Drunk Love...