The Fantastic Mr. Fox?

Started by Weak2ndAct, October 29, 2004, 02:06:02 PM

Stefen

:bravo:

For some reason I always thought this was an animated film. These stills look GREAT.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Fernando

as long as it doesn't look like mexican gem....

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Every time I see those pics, I can't help but think of "The Mouse on the Motorcycle."

Does anyone remember those specials? They were SOOOO good when I was a kid

Definitely can't wait to see this trailer (or well...the movie...durh.)

Stefen

haha I used to love those. In retrospect, they're kind of creepy.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Jefferson

that's a part of my childhood i definitely did not need to be reminded of.

theyarelegion

SiliasRuby

The Bunny second from right was featured in 'inland empire', he did amazing. I'm NOW looking forward to this.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

modage

http://www.fantasticmrfoxmovie.com/

lots of new photos.

First look: 'The Fantastic Mr. Fox' is not for children only
USA TODAY

Imagine if Beatrix Potter's cuddly storybook menagerie took a crash course in prep-school chic and picked up a few hints on guerrilla warfare along the way.

That's pretty much what happens when the grisly delights found in Roald Dahl's irreverent tales for children are melded with the fastidious aesthetic of director Wes Anderson in the stop-motion-animated The Fantastic Mr. Fox, which opens Nov. 13.

Anderson, 40, feels he was destined in a way to do a screen adaptation of the 1970 adventure, which recounts the relentless efforts of three nasty British farmers to halt the crafty critter (voiced with daredevil gusto by George Clooney) who brazenly poaches their poultry.

"It was the first book I ever owned," says the auteur behind The Royal Tenenbaums and The Darjeeling Limited. "My brothers and I loved Mr. Fox and all the digging. We were obsessed with underground forts and tunnels."

The earth does indeed move onscreen, thanks to the farmers, who use tractors in their manic pursuit, as well as the foxes and their subterranean neighbors (moles, rabbits, badgers and mice) as they burrow to elude capture. With the magic of animation, Anderson is able to present a side view of the tunnel, as if peering through glass at an ant farm.

The much-expanded plot has been tweaked to include many elements found in Anderson's other films, including a dysfunctional clan and a male rivalry. The four Fox children in the book have been whittled down to one handful: Ash (Jason Schwartzman, channeling his Max character from Rushmore), a petulant social misfit who wears a superhero cape and resents his cousin Kristofferson (Eric Chase Anderson, Wes' brother) for being good at everything.

Schwartzman, a veteran of three Anderson features, proclaims Mr. Fox as "the ultimate." "It's funny, but also visually beautiful. Instead of adapting his style of directing to animation, he brought animation to him. He made a Wes film."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

©brad

hah, awesome.

Damn now I just want to play me some Starfox.

The Perineum Falcon

It's nice to see that Futura Bold and his fashion sense are still intact.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Alexandro

my initial response is that i don't like it, but then I think this looks different for wes and the excitement goes up. i find myself relieved that this doesn't look like another wes anderson film with talking animals instead of bill murray. and it looks like an action film in a way so I think this is going to be good, maybe even great.

MacGuffin

Wes Anderson's 'Mr. Fox' to open London Film fest

LONDON - London Film Festival organizers say this year's event will open with the world premiere of Wes Anderson's animated feature "Fantastic Mr. Fox."

The stop-motion animated film is based on Roald Dahl's children's book about a community of burrowing animals who battle a trio of evil farmers. It features the voices of George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Bill Murray and Michael Gambon.

Anderson said Monday he was happy the movie was making its debut in Britain. It was shot at London's Three Mills Studios and features several British actors.

The 53rd London Film Festival runs Oct. 14-29.

"Fantastic Mr. Fox" opens in Britain Oct. 23 and in the U.S. on Nov. 13.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks