Old School

Started by SHAFTR, February 05, 2003, 09:56:17 PM

SHAFTR

I just came from a free PreScreening of Old School and I thought I would let all of you know what I thought of it.

The beginning of the film is well done.  It is funny, well paced and Vaughn, Wilson and Ferrell are excellent.  Half way through I was very impressed and I was starting to think that this was going to be as successful as Road Trip (a film I did enjoy).

The last half of the film is very disappointing.  It appears that the film blew its load during the first half and has nothing left.  I think I found one part of the last half funny.  Too much time is spent trying to salvage a mediocre story rather than keeping the comic pacing it had going in the first half.

Final Grade:  B -
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

RegularKarate

I can't get over the image of John Shaft giving his review of Old School.

That's some funny shit.

polkablues

Who do I blame if this movie sucks?  Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, and Luke Wilson are three genuinely hilarious people, and the director did "Road Trip", which I really enjoyed, but then I see the trailer for it and there isn't a single moment that makes me laugh...  It must be the script, but if the script was so bad, why did all these people agree to be in it?

Of course, I may see the movie and think it's brilliant, and then all this would just make me look like an ass.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

Quote from: polkabluesWho do I blame if this movie sucks?  Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, and Luke Wilson are three genuinely hilarious people, and the director did "Road Trip", which I really enjoyed, but then I see the trailer for it and there isn't a single moment that makes me laugh...  It must be the script, but if the script was so bad, why did all these people agree to be in it?

Of course, I may see the movie and think it's brilliant, and then all this would just make me look like an ass.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I know what you mean... it's kind of like Stealing Harvard... that had some funny damn (no, I'm not a Tom Green fan, but he's not really in it much) people in it and directed by a Kid from the Hall, but it was the most unfunny pile of shit.

underdog

it a good, funny movie. But it no animal house.

8)
"This is my week off, so pack up,
take the kids, and I'll see you in a week"

underdog

Old school, who was in it again? i forget  :oops:  :cry:
"This is my week off, so pack up,
take the kids, and I'll see you in a week"

Victor

will ferrel is such a funny fucking guy, not only from SNL, but I get the impression he's a hilarious guy in real life as well. Its too bad most of his film roles suck. Why oh why did he leave SNL and subject us to that jackass Chris Parnell and his horrific Bush impression?
are you gonna eat with us too?

sphinx

Quote from: underdogOld school, who was in it again? i forget  :oops:  :cry:

i refuse to tolerate double posts in this house of lords, young fellow

Travis Bickle

"hello up there. i seem to have fallen down a cliff. I'm still alive, but i'm very badly injured. i think my legs might be broken, but i'm..i'll try to stand up (snap) ohahhh. YES, they are broken. perhaps you could toss me a band-aid or some anti-bacterial creme. i am in an extrodinary-ly large amount of pain. the bone has gone through the skin. i feel it might be gangelous. the wound is beginning to smell a little like almonds -- which is not good. please...no one. i'll try the other leg (snap) ohhh."
- WF from AP2

bonanzataz

"Don't you know that a foamy latte makes me farty and bloated?!"
"My mistake, Jacobim."
"Your mistake, indeed!"
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

danniedorko

I just saw a screening last night and i would have to say this movie hilarious thanks to Will of course. The man is hillarious! I liked it and would recommend it for a few good laffs.

Travis Bickle

THis movie is HILARIOUS!!! i've been waiting for a good comedy and YES, thanks to Will and Vince V, this is a very funny movie.
everyone GO see it and laugh your arses off.

SHAFTR

hmmm, I wonder if they re cut it since I last saw it.

The first half is hilarious...the second half isn't at all.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

XL NEGRO

ive known about old school before it even went into production, i cant wait to see it. I think it will be, honestly, the best college movie since animal house. that says alot, since theres been a lot of pretenders.

I really feel like i should get a producer credit for this movie, just because ive known about it for so damn long. even associate producer, ill take that too.

polkablues

But... but I thought "Van Wilder" was the best college movie since "Animal House".... that's what all the ads said...   :roll:
My house, my rules, my coffee