Old School

Started by SHAFTR, February 05, 2003, 09:56:17 PM

Ghostboy

I saw it the other day too, and I was surprised that it wasn't really all that raunchy. It was really kind of sentimental, actually. I enjoyed it, a lot of good laughs, and Will Ferrell continues to prove that he is in fact God.

Ernie

I really really want to see this. Will, Vince and Luke are three of the most consistently fucking hilarious people in the world. Now, Road Trip is pretty funny but I really hope this is better, it looks like it really has the potential to be. I love to see comedies like this every once in awhile. The last really funny one that came out would have to be either Super Troopers or Zoolander. I think those are fucking hilarious. When I just want to laugh, those are the best kind of movies. I'm not really into those dumb, gross-out movies like American Pie and Austin Powers, fuck those movies. Those usually suck for the most part. The Farrelly's and Kevin Smith are the only ones that can make genuinely funny gross out movies. It's about time we strayed away from that shit, can't wait to see this movie.

RegularKarate

I thought this was pretty damned funny.
Nothing I would ever really want to buy or even see again, probably, but still really funny.

I liked that it just dove into the most formulaic plot possible for that sort of movie, didn't even bother to try to make it different, just focused on the comedy.

Satcho9

I came I saw I laughed. It was ok.

If i could put it in 7 words?- Will Ferrell good, not enough vince vaughn.

(THe speaker city commercial was hilarious, i was the only one in the theatre laughing at that.)

Duck Sauce

Quote from: ebeaman69I really really want to see this. Will, Vince and Luke are three of the most consistently fucking hilarious people in the world. Now, Road Trip is pretty funny but I really hope this is better, it looks like it really has the potential to be. I love to see comedies like this every once in awhile. The last really funny one that came out would have to be either Super Troopers or Zoolander. I think those are fucking hilarious. When I just want to laugh, those are the best kind of movies. I'm not really into those dumb, gross-out movies like American Pie and Austin Powers, fuck those movies. Those usually suck for the most part. The Farrelly's and Kevin Smith are the only ones that can make genuinely funny gross out movies. It's about time we strayed away from that shit, can't wait to see this movie.

I havent seen a good comedy in years and I will argue with you to my death how unfunny Zoolander was, I couldnt even crack a smile. I want a REAL Dumb and Dumber 2.

Ernie

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: ebeaman69I really really want to see this. Will, Vince and Luke are three of the most consistently fucking hilarious people in the world. Now, Road Trip is pretty funny but I really hope this is better, it looks like it really has the potential to be. I love to see comedies like this every once in awhile. The last really funny one that came out would have to be either Super Troopers or Zoolander. I think those are fucking hilarious. When I just want to laugh, those are the best kind of movies. I'm not really into those dumb, gross-out movies like American Pie and Austin Powers, fuck those movies. Those usually suck for the most part. The Farrelly's and Kevin Smith are the only ones that can make genuinely funny gross out movies. It's about time we strayed away from that shit, can't wait to see this movie.

I havent seen a good comedy in years and I will argue with you to my death how unfunny Zoolander was, I couldnt even crack a smile. I want a REAL Dumb and Dumber 2.

You didn't even like Owen Wilson in Zoolander? Come on man, he's so fucking funny....

"I wasn't like every other kid, you know, who dreams of being an astronaut, I was more interested in what tree bark was made out of."

"So, I'm falling and falling, right? It's the worst terror I've ever felt in my life, but then I stop myself and I say...wait a second...Hansel, haven't you been on speed for the past 2 hours?"

To each his own I suppose. I know you have good taste in movies and I'm not exactly going to defend Zoolander to the death, it's a guilty pleasure of mine, nothing more.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: ebeaman69I know you have good taste in movies and I'm not exactly going to defend Zoolander to the death, it's a guilty pleasure of mine, nothing more.

I can wax my own car, thank you. Hey anybody (MacGuffin) what is the scoop with Will Farrel and the movie "Elf"?

Ghostboy

Elf is coming out in November. It's directed by Jon Favreau. I believe it's a children's film about a man who either becomes an elf or an elf who escape Santa's workshop...something like that. Something to give Will Ferrell the chance to play an elf.

He did a cameo on SNL last night with Britney Spears, in which they announced they were in love and leaving showbiz to raise chickens together in New England.Steve Martin and Jim Carrey also cameoed...must have been a fun night ot be in the audience.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Duck SauceHey anybody (MacGuffin) what is the scoop with Will Farrel and the movie "Elf"?

Release Date: November 7th, 2003 (wide)

Cast: Will Ferrell (Buddy), Ed Asner (Santa Claus), James Caan (Buddy's Father), Zooey Deschanel, Bob Newhart (Buddy's Adopted Elf Father), Mary Steenburgen, Daniel Tay.

Director: Jon Favreau (Made)

Screenwriter: David Berenbaum (The Haunted Mansion); rewrite by Jon Favreau.

Premise: Many years ago, a human child was adopted by one of Santa Claus (Asner)'s elves (Newhart) after the little boy accidentally ended up in one of Santa's bags of presents and got whisked away to the North Pole. Now fully grown as a very tall human man, Buddy (Ferrell), his distinctly non-elvishness regularly causes havoc in Santa's workshop, which inspires the jolly old elf to suggest that he travel out into the world of men, and try to find his biological father (Caan) and family back in New York City... (Deschanel plays a department store elf who befriends Buddy; Steenburgen plays Caan's wife).
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Subotai

Hey bonanzataz were does that Latte quote come from. I know Ive heard it before.

bonanzataz

that would be zoolander, sir.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

godardian

Zoolander cracked me up, too. But I have a soft spot for Ben Stiller.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

dufresne

Quote from: godardianZoolander cracked me up, too. But I have a soft spot for Ben Stiller.

i just downloaded a few Ben Stiller sketches recently.  "Die Hard 12: Die Hungry" and "Counting with Bruce Springsteen"

:-D
There are shadows in life, baby.

godardian

Quote from: dufresne
Quote from: godardianZoolander cracked me up, too. But I have a soft spot for Ben Stiller.

i just downloaded a few Ben Stiller sketches recently.  "Die Hard 12: Die Hungry" and "Counting with Bruce Springsteen"

:-D

Yeah, they're supposedl releasing the show on DVD sometime this year. MacGuffin probably knows where/when/how/why...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Ghostboy

I just saw the Elf teaser trailer attached to Finding Nemo. It cracked me up. Will Ferrell is God.