Old School

Started by SHAFTR, February 05, 2003, 09:56:17 PM

Banky

"I think i see Blue, He looks Glorious!"

Ravi

I saw Old School a while ago and was bored.  I didn't think it was all that funny.  A few jokes here and there made me laugh, but otherwise it was a letdown.  A movie with Will Ferrell, Luke Wilson, and Vince Vaughn should be funnier.

Kal

I saw this again last night and I cracked up when I saw that Mitch's boss is John Locke (Terry O'Quinn from Lost)... well I actually laughed non-stop the whole movie but that was funny because I didnt recognize him before from other roles

modage

and you know what i noticed the other night?  in singles, the dude who the redheaded videodating biker chick ends up with at the end of the film is freakin' Jack Bristow (Victor Garber)!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SiliasRuby

Old School was a solid flick and Will Ferrel is great but I didn't laugh all that much as I thought I would.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Kal

The 2nd time you will crack up... I didnt love it the first time... but now every time I see it I almost have a heart attack from laughing so hard

deathnotronic

Quote from: andy gekkoThe 2nd time you will crack up... I didnt love it the first time... but now every time I see it I almost have a heart attack from laughing so hard

I beg to differ. On a scale of one to funny, this movie is probably a vinyl record.

I laughed a few times first viewing. Not even laugh, a "heh..." or something close to that. I liked Anchorman though.

MacGuffin

Back to Old School
Director returns for more hijinks.

Apparently, Todd Phillips and Dreamworks have reconciled their differences.

When IGN FilmForce last spoke with Todd Phillips in March of 2004, it sounded like he had no plans for Old School 2 after an apparent fallout with Dreamworks over their promotion of Eurotrip. "No, we're not gonna do Old School 2, Phillips said. "I had a little falling-out with DreamWorks off of this movie Eurotrip. I felt like they really marketed it off of my two movies, even though I had nothing to do with it and it just looked like the worst movie ever. But somehow I got dragged into it and it made me crazy. And I said, 'If you do this, I won't do Old School 2.' And they said, 'Well, this is business. We've gotta worry about this movie right now...' I don't even want to talk about it. I didn't see it, I won't see it and it kinda pissed me off. So, that's why I won't do business with them. Yeah, it's a bummer."

Well, as they like to say in Hollywood (at least I think they do) money heals all wounds.

According to Variety, Dreamworks greenlit Old School 2 this week and Phillips has been named as writer and director. Montecito Pictures is set to produce. Dreamworks Jeremy Kramer will oversee the project.

No word yet on whether Will Ferrell will return to bare his naked posterior again or whether fellow castmates Vince Vaughn, Luke Wilson and Jeremy Piven will return.

Meanwhile, Phillips is aboard to direct The Disassociate as well as a remake of School For Scoundrels, which will star Billy Bob Thornton.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Great news!

I was dissapointed when I heard that the project got cancelled and that it was almost impossible for them to get back to it.

Now I hope they all come back, or it will suck