Elizabethtown

Started by nevereven, March 27, 2003, 03:55:06 PM

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

IveGonePostal

I am a resident of Elizabethtown, Kentucky...looking forward to the movie, and hopefully just a taste of movie production as well.

;o)

ProgWRX

Quote from: tremoloslothOkay, now I'm sold

tremolo : i to your avatar
-Carlos

MacGuffin

The Weather in Elizabethtown Isn't Working
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

The start date of Cameron Crowe's Elizabethtown is now up in the air because the director wants to shoot the ensemble comedy during a specific time of year. The film's original January start date has been pushed to an unspecified spring start.

The delay now means that the availability of Ashton Kutcher, who is to topline the movie with Kirsten Dunst, is now up in question. Kutcher's commitments to Fox's That '70s Show and MTV's Punk'd could affect his role in the film. However, his reps are working on the situation to see if his schedule can accommodate the change in the film's shooting schedule.

Crowe is reportedly eyeballing Oregon and Kentucky as possible locations for the Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks co-production.

The film revolves around a disgraced employee who returns to the titular hometown to ensure that his dead father's wishes are met.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Find Your Magali

Hmmm, M. Night Shyamalan was recently having some issue with the weather, etc., for his latest shoot, too. Gotta love perfectionists.

If I'm Kutcher, I cancel every obligation I have and bend over backwards to stay in this movie. You don't get too many chances for a starring role in a Cameron Crowe vehicle.

Banky

SoNowThen

Quote from: Find Your MagaliHmmm, M. Night Shyamalan was recently having some issue with the weather, etc., for his latest shoot, too. Gotta love perfectionists.

If I'm Kutcher, I cancel every obligation I have and bend over backwards to stay in this movie. You don't get too many chances for a starring role in a Cameron Crowe vehicle.

Actually, if you were Ashton Kutcher, you'd be coked out of your mind right now, fucking two hot groupie chicks in your mansion, going "Cameron who?".
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Find Your Magali

Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: Find Your MagaliHmmm, M. Night Shyamalan was recently having some issue with the weather, etc., for his latest shoot, too. Gotta love perfectionists.

Actually, if you were Ashton Kutcher, you'd be coked out of your mind right now, fucking two hot groupie chicks in your mansion, going "Cameron who?".

Well, other than the coke (I prefer whiskey), I can't say that I wouldn't at least consider that as a possible alternative to starring in a Cameron Crowe film.  :wink:

Man, now I'm not going to get any work done tonight...

ProgWRX

plus i saw his place in MTV Cribs...i was surprised about its simpleness.. i was expecting tons of bling
-Carlos

edison

Quote from: ProgWRXplus i saw his place in MTV Cribs...i was surprised about its simpleness.. i was expecting tons of bling

was that show pre or post being buddies with Puffy, cause since he's been friends with him he's now Mr. Fedora wearing pimp.

ProgWRX

true...

dont forget the redneck trucker hats  :shock:
-Carlos

modage

Quote from: Find Your MagaliHmmm, I wonder if Crowe will dump Kutcher, too....

HOLY SHIT> you are an amazing psychic!

Ashton Kutcher Not Moving to Elizabethtown
Source: People Wednesday, November 5, 2003

Looks like Ashton Kutcher won't be moving to Elizabethtown, from writer/director Cameron Crowe, after all.

The star of That '70s Show star has just dropped out of the lead opposite Kirsten Dunst in the DreamWorks Pictures film. Kutcher's rep says the actor left because of a scheduling conflict after Crowe pushed the production from January to the spring.

The project is intended to be a love letter to the resilience of the life force and is a story of an unexpected romance that develops against the backdrop of a Southern patriarch's hilariously elaborate memorial. Jane Fonda is also expected to star.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Banky

im happy with this.  Although i dont dislike Kutcher i feel somone else will help make this movie better

Sleuth

Bring on Jake Gyllenhaal!
I like to hug dogs

modage

Quote from: SlobhBring on Jake Gyllenhaal!
:yabbse-thumbup:
seems like a natural fit. i wonder if he's under consideration?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.