Elizabethtown

Started by nevereven, March 27, 2003, 03:55:06 PM

ElPandaRoyal

I really don't see Crowe telling a guy to goand take acting lessons. He just seems like a really nice guy to say such a thing to whoever. That's what I think...
Si

ProgWRX

Considering the "source" it just seems like gossip to me...

not to defend either of them, its just that the whole "However, according to a source quoted on the Pagesix website" sounds kinda shady to me...
-Carlos

Slick Shoes

I can just picture Ashton Kutcher at the read-through, delivering all his lines in the style of Kelso from That 70s Show, peppering the brilliant dialogue with 'dudes' and 'awesomes' while Cameron Crowe sweats bullets in the corner.

ono

Quote from: ProgWRXConsidering the "source" it just seems like gossip to me...

not to defend either of them, its just that the whole "However, according to a source quoted on the Pagesix website" sounds kinda shady to me...
Agreed.  IMDb does get a lot of their info from pagesix.com, and they are a gossipy type tabloidal site, so yeah, you gotta take all that with a grain of salt.  Some of the time the stuff they report does turn out to be true, so you do have to give them that.

ProgWRX

If its true, i kinda feel sorry for Kutcher, as rich and succesful as he might be, and even thought he is nailing Demi Moore, I still wanted the guy to turn a serious performance on this movie...  :?
-Carlos

meatwad

from cameroncroweonline.com

E-Town Casting Rumors?!
Many names are floating around the Internet as a possible replacement for Ashton Kutcher. As always, I don't put much stock into this, but it's fun to speculate. I'm sure Cameron will share casting tidbits down the road (like he has with past films). Here's the names that have been mentioned according to Variety: Chris Evans (Not Another Teen Movie), Seann William Scott (American Pie), Colin Hanks (Orange County) and James Franco (Spider-Man). Stay tuned...

I almost threw up at the though of seann william scott in this role. James Franco would be my first choice out of the group. Colin Hanks second, although i do not know anything else Chris Evans was in, and i never saw Not Another Teen Movie.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: MeatwadI almost threw up at the though of seann william scott in this role. James Franco would be my first choice out of the group. Colin Hanks second, although i do not know anything else Chris Evans was in, and i never saw Not Another Teen Movie.

I'd go with James Franco without too much thinking. Colin Hanks could be good as well. As for Sean William Scott, I don't mind saying (even if I'm the only one who actually thinks this) that I'd like to see him in a film like this one, directed by a guy like Crowe. I also don't think I know who the hell Chris Evans is...
Si

Wesabeck

You know what, Colin Hanks would be my first choice out of that group.  I was impressed with his performance in Orange County, although it definitely wasn't that year's American Beauty, but it seems that his dad's magic might have brushed off on him.  As for Franco, eh... nah... I'm kinda getting sick of his shtick.  I'm starting to see to much of him.
Good looking people have no spine.

ProgWRX

yes, from those noted I really would like to see Colin Hanks get it...
-Carlos

depooter

after reading the script, there's really only one choice........jake gyllenhaal..........

modage

Quote from: depooterafter reading the script, there's really only one choice........jake gyllenhaal..........

thats what i'm thinking. i dont want to see ANY of those choices in the movie.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

james franco..is the lesser of the evils......

but i'm sure that crowe is gonna end up casting the jasom mewes look-a-like from freddy vs. jason.......... :wink:

meatwad

Quote from: depooterafter reading the script, there's really only one choice........jake gyllenhaal..........

where did you get the script?

MacGuffin

Quote from: MEAT wadwhere did you get the script?

depooter (Greg) runs Cameron Crowe's (along with PTA's) site:
http://www.cameroncroweonline.com/films/elizabethtown/main.htm
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

meatwad