Elizabethtown

Started by nevereven, March 27, 2003, 03:55:06 PM

ProgWRX

as much as i was intimidated by Kutcher being in the film, im kind of dissapointed, i honestly wanted to believe that Crowe would mold him into a real actor and that this role would change our minds about him  :oops:

and yes Gyllenhaal would be awesome..
-Carlos

Banky

do you only come to this sit to post in the Cameron Crowe Section?

ProgWRX

-Carlos

Find Your Magali

Wow. I wonder if there's a time when Kutcher will look back and realize he could have starred in Soderbergh and Crowe films. Unbelievable.

How about Tobey Maguire?

ProgWRX

he turned down a soderbergh film as well?!
:lol:
-Carlos

Wesabeck

poor asshole, the kid just missed out on becoming a legitimate actor.  Tough luck, Kutcher.
Good looking people have no spine.

Wesabeck

as for Jake taking Kutcher's place,  I dunno.  He might be playing the same kinda character in Moonlight Mile, which was a pretty mediocre film.
Good looking people have no spine.

Sleuth

Quote from: ProgWRXas much as i was intimidated by Kutcher being in the film, im kind of dissapointed, i honestly wanted to believe that Crowe would mold him into a real actor and that this role would change our minds about him  :oops:

and yes Gyllenhaal would be awesome..

I felt the same.  Oh well, he doesn't know what he's doing.
I like to hug dogs

Banky

i trust Crowes choice for a replacement

coffeebeetle

I never wanted Kutcher to be in the film because there's no way he could be a legitimate actor...not in my eyes anyway.  Anyone who'd stoop to Dude, Where My Car has NO chance whatsoever.  

And the fact that he turned down Soderberg merely cements my position on this pathetic topic..... :-D
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Banky

what part did Sodeburg offer?

ono

Quote from: coffeebeetleAnyone who'd stoop to Dude, Where My Car has NO chance whatsoever.
...Jennifer Garner "stooped" to Dude, Where's My Car? and look at her now.

Never mind.

(Not that I don't like her; she just hasn't done anything great yet.  Everyone has to start somewhere, though.)

ProgWRX

hah dude where's my car was funny as hell in the too stupid and bad its funny kinda way...

even Punch Drunk Love and Magnolia alumni Mary-Lynn Rajskub was in Dude [...]  
:lol:
-Carlos

ono

Kutcher Dropped Because of Poor Acting?
Ashton Kutcher was reportedly dropped from Cameron Crowe's new movie because the director was dissatisfied with his acting skills. The hunky That 70's Show star explained earlier this month he had been forced to leave the cast of Elizabethtown when its filming schedule changed, and clashed with his TV commitments. However, according to a source quoted on the Pagesix website, Crowe was actually dissatisfied with Kutcher's rehearsals - and even suggested the 25-year- old consider taking acting lessons. The source claims, "Cameron was unhappy with his read-throughs. Ashton did several and each one was worse and worse. Cameron even postponed production because he thought the readings would get better but they didn't. At one point, Cameron suggested that Ashton take acting lessons. Soon after that, they both decided it would be best if Ashton was not in the movie." But Crowe's representative claimed ignorance of the causes behind Kutcher's departure, saying, "I am not aware of any of this. Schedules changed but I don't know what transpired between (them)." Kutcher was also recently dropped from consideration for an upcoming Steven Soderbergh project because the Oscar-winning director was unsure whether he "was up to par professionally" due to his public profile, fueled by his relationship with actress Demi Moore.
~IMDb.com

I realize this has already been reported on somewhat, but a little extra info (just posted at IMDb today) never hurt anyone.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: coffeebeetleAnd the fact that he turned down Soderberg

Quote from: Bankywhat part did Sodeburg offer?

..handing out cups of coffee.....