Clerks II

Started by Myxo, August 28, 2004, 02:27:00 AM

Brazoliange

Quote from: Pubrick on August 02, 2006, 01:17:41 AM
Quote from: Brazoliange on August 01, 2006, 09:13:37 PM
I liked it. Which surprised me
i don't think anyone here finds that surprising.

...and look who pops in to worthlessly flame. fuck off and troll some other thread. just because you don't like the movie doesn't mean you should make fun of the person that did for giving his opinion. Just fucking move on with your big grudge or whatever on me, seriously.
Long live the New Flesh

Pubrick

Quote from: Brazoliange on August 02, 2006, 07:08:14 AM
...and look who pops in to worthlessly flame. fuck off and troll some other thread. just because you don't like the movie doesn't mean you should make fun of the person that did for giving his opinion. Just fucking move on with your big grudge or whatever on me, seriously.
wow. i'm impressed.. by the depths of your stupidity. let me clear something up that you may have missed in your braindead stupor: your opinion is worthless. out of the whatever number posts you have, you have not made one worthy contribution to this site. i can't believe you're still around. that thread you made about being a fucking loser, that's the single most embarrassing thing i have ever seen posted on the internet.

this is just another in a long trail of shit you have left on this board. dude, you've never had any credibility whatsoever. you thought oliver twist was a goddamn hollywood ORIGINAL. you loved boondock saints. you've invalidated yourself for several lifetimes with some of the most worthless posts in the history of the site, such as this abortion, or when pete wrote so eloquently to educate your pea brain about race relations

Quote from: pete on May 28, 2005, 01:44:38 PM
your parents/ school/ church/ internet forums have failed to reach you early on in life that generalization and categorization and stereotyping all stem from ignorance and laziness and human's stubborn unwillingness to recognize ALL human beings as conscious capable human beings, beautiful creations of God or descendents of the monkeys from 2001.

and your reply consisted of the stupidest, stupid, i mean, really really mind boggling idiotic nonsense..

Quote from: Brazoliange on May 28, 2005, 04:18:28 PM
you're a fucking idiot if you think that people in Africa have different habits and tastes than people in America than people in Japan than people in Russia.
concluding with
Quote from: Brazoliange on May 28, 2005, 04:18:28 PM
your post sickens me and makes me want to leave Xixax.

we should have been so lucky.
under the paving stones.

clerkguy23

man, shit gets dark on xixax...

squints

How do I make my life better?

Step 1) don't see clerks 2
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

samsong

Quote from: clerkguy23 on July 27, 2006, 08:00:37 PM
i wish kevin smith Brazoliange would just shut the fuck up.

Brazoliange

Quote from: Pubrick on August 02, 2006, 10:00:46 AM
Quote from: Brazoliange on August 02, 2006, 07:08:14 AM
wow. i'm impressed.. by the depths of your stupidity. let me clear something up that you may have missed in your braindead stupor: your opinion is worthless. out of the whatever number posts you have, you have not made one worthy contribution to this site. i can't believe you're still around. that thread you made about being a fucking loser, that's the single most embarrassing thing i have ever seen posted on the internet.

right, sharing FF7 Advent Children was totally worthless. And regardless of what you think, I'm sure a few people enjoyed Cinematik.

Quote from: Pubrick on August 02, 2006, 10:00:46 AMthis is just another in a long trail of shit you have left on this board. dude, you've never had any credibility whatsoever. you thought oliver twist was a goddamn hollywood ORIGINAL.

I didn't, and as I denied it people just continued to go along with it. I really don't care that much to continue to argue it because there's no way to prove my point whatsoever.

Quote from: Pubrick on August 02, 2006, 10:00:46 AMyou loved boondock saints.

umm... no I don't/didn't... I think I said something along the lines of it being amusing and an okay action movie.

too bad some people on an internet forum don't like me.  :yabbse-sad:

regardless, move on and let's discuss the movie instead of throwing insults back and forth. for once saying you thought xixax was an intelligent community and not just some chat room to be replied with back and forth, almost all I ever see you do is troll people for saying stupid shit. fucking hypocrit.
Long live the New Flesh

Pubrick

Quote from: Brazoliange on August 03, 2006, 05:08:08 AM
regardless, move on and let's discuss the movie instead of throwing insults back and forth.
Quote from: Brazoliange on August 03, 2006, 05:08:08 AM
fucking hypocrit.
it's amazing how you never stop owning yourself.
under the paving stones.

Pozer

samsong

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

This may very well have concluded me ever listening to advice from friends on movies.  I was yet to hear a bad review of this movie (I didn't read this thread).  All the responses were "good" to "amazing, hilarious, etc." so I figured I'd at least enjoy myself going with friends. 

Maybe spoilers will follow, but it doesn't fucking matter...

The jokes were so fucking stale. How was this movie good in any way? I guess the best thing about this movie was it made me want to watch Clerks instead.  How is this movie not Clerks: The Spy Who Shagged Me? 

The best comparison that comes to mind is for anyone who's played Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2, and in the end of 2, you find out it was a training program designed to make you go through dilemmas that Solid Snake encountered so they could make a clone, not only by DNA, but also with the same experience.  To generate soldier heroes or whatever.  The point is, at the end of the game, you realize you just played Metal Gear Solid again with different details about it.  (When in fact, Metal Gear Solid was much better than the sequel, anyway). 

I felt very cheated seeing Clerks II and finding that it was Kevin Smith's "Lady In The Water" where he was making a movie about what his life is like and how he'll never make anything that great because his magnum opus was a long time ago and he's just been taking dumps ever since.  I would go as far as to say Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was a good movie in comparison to Clerks II.

I was also told that Clerks II had more philosophy in it (which I was immediately skeptical about) and that it was much more mature, as if Kevin Smith making Clerks II was to shown his maturity and improvement from his first film.  If this is the case, then we find that Kevin Smith is a very sick one trick pony, and we all know what happens to sick horses.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

matt35mm

Huh.

I didn't like it or hate it.  I didn't really feel much for it.  It's an easy, breezy, harmless movie... but I guess that's pretty harsh criticism for a movie that would rather be edgy and acerbic.  I will never trust the French again, though.

SiliasRuby

Former Glory: A Short Review on Clerks 2
By Siliasruby

Every two years or so we get a new Kevin Smith movie and I take it in stride. I usually purchase all of Smith's movies on the cheap and every once in a while I'm pleasantly surprised by what I see. Well, actually, I take that back. I loved everything up to and including 'Dogma'. 'Strike back' was incredibly indulgent and devoid of any huge revalance and 'Jersey Girl', a review of that mediecore manifesto can be seen in its unrespectful thread.

Despite the vengeful hate that Kevin sometimes gets from the crowd around here you can't deny that he really has some amount of talent. For example, just look at the monologue in 'Chasing Amy' where Ben unloads his devotion on his unrequited lesbian love interest.

'Clerks 2' was a cash-in, we all knew it and being a cash-in we all expect a certain amount of familarity (well with most films people want familarity...something thats the same but different and industry cats depend on that...makes the moolah but I'm getting off topic) but don't want it to be too similar to the original and that is what happened to 'Clerk 2'.

The yearning of wanting former glory and success bleeds through the dialogue here and you can see it quite clearly and while the conversations are more inventive and creative in moments, the story is the same. So much the same that Dante even has two women to choose over. Although this time its much more obvious which one he has to choice. Man, bleh...Anyway, I did like the donkey show scene and it was great to see Jason Mewes again.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

ElPandaRoyal

I never saw Kevin Smith as a great filmmaker, but he's quite good with dialogue, and he's funny. I'm 25 now, and I still love his dialogue and dick and fart jokes. Can't help it. So, I enjoyed Clerks II for what it is, it made me laugh and entertained me. Plus, it had a musical number choreographed to the Jackson Five, and a guy throwing up due to stories of hobbit intercourse. What's not to like?
Si

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: ElPandaRoyal on January 31, 2009, 09:28:22 AM
I never saw Kevin Smith as a great filmmaker, but he's quite good with dialogue, and he's funny. I'm 25 now, and I still love his dialogue and dick and fart jokes. Can't help it. So, I enjoyed Clerks II for what it is, it made me laugh and entertained me. Plus, it had a musical number choreographed to the Jackson Five, and a guy throwing up due to stories of hobbit intercourse. What's not to like?

Yea, I pretty much agree (as far as Clerks II is concerned). I didn't think Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was too funny, but Clerks II made me laugh because the humor was a lot tougher and meaner. The attacks on the Lord of the Rings were awesome and the way they treated Elias with constant teasing and harassment is right up my alley. I have friends who have a more high brow taste with comedy and hate movies like this, but a sense of humor means exactly what it says. Clerks II aligns with mine.

I think a lot of people have resentment issues with Kevin Smith because they originally believed he was the great new hope for indie cinema with Clerks. Those people may have been too young to know better but that promise was never carried out and Kevin Smith peaked with his third film (Chasing Amy) and has gone on to make films that basically spit on whatever promise he had. I never was a true fan of his so I watch a movie like Clerks II and just enjoy it for what it is.