Clerks II

Started by Myxo, August 28, 2004, 02:27:00 AM

RegularKarate

Quote from: modage on July 19, 2006, 10:32:28 PM
Me vs. Joel Siegel! Live! On the radio! Listen here!

No one has mentioned the funniest part of the whole thing (which is the only reason to listen to this)... It takes Joel Siegel nine minutes to even realize he's talking to Kevin Smith.

i am now absolutely sure that the worst kind of people in this galaxy are bad losers.
context, context, context.

Ultrahip

Quote from: Ravi on July 21, 2006, 11:34:28 AM
Quote from: Ultrahip on July 21, 2006, 12:30:16 AM
Tobias Funke says: Douche-taillll!chill!

Wait, really? I've been going around saying "tail" to everyone...

Gold Trumpet

(minor spoiler)
Fuck! I enjoyed this movie. I laughed my ass off during a lot of scenes too.

I guess my sensibilities were touched. I can't remember the last movie that perfectly nailed the pleasure it is to berate the super religious. I hate to say I saw identification in Randall's character, but hell, I felt like a proud man when I was able to get a strict Catholic to get stoned on the job and a Jehova Witness to embrace drugs and drinking. Doing so took months and years of berating and teasing and mocking of every thing they felt was decent and moral, but the corruption was worth it. They now stand as indecent as everyone else does.

All you guys know me as serious, but none of my friends do.

McfLy

Great film. If Kevin Smith made more View Askewniverse films I'm all for it, but if he were to suddenly just stop, Clerks II is a satisfying conclusion for the View Askewniverse.

polkablues

The next person who types the phrase "View Askewniverse" onto this board gets punched in the eye.  Just fair warning.  We have to draw the line somewhere.
My house, my rules, my coffee

clerkguy23

jesus, i really hated this movie. i cant imagine too many people on this board will like it either considering most everyone here isn't too keen on kevin smith these days. think about everything you hate in a kevin smith movie--it's all in there. even down to the overused "im not even suppposed to be here today" line, a shitty alanis morissette song, and a really sappy ending that everyone and their brother are claiming is poinant and touching. i cant imagine this getting a standing ovation at all, let alone one that lasts 8 minutes. kevin smith should really stop making movies. and if he does continue to make movies, he should stop putting his shitty actress of a wife in them. i dont mean to hate so much, but the movie was just really frustrating to watch. oh, and that so-called extreme donkey sex scene is a pretty big let down. kevin smith is all talk.

imawombat

Quote from: clerkguy23 on July 22, 2006, 01:50:55 AM
jesus, i really hated this movie. i cant imagine too many people on this board will like it either considering most everyone here isn't too keen on kevin smith these days. think about everything you hate in a kevin smith movie--it's all in there. even down to the overused "im not even suppposed to be here today" line, a shitty alanis morissette song, and a really sappy ending that everyone and their brother are claiming is poinant and touching. i cant imagine this getting a standing ovation at all, let alone one that lasts 8 minutes. kevin smith should really stop making movies. and if he does continue to make movies, he should stop putting his shitty actress of a wife in them. i dont mean to hate so much, but the movie was just really frustrating to watch. oh, and that so-called extreme donkey sex scene is a pretty big let down. kevin smith is all talk.

agreed!  thank you...
these things do happen

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: imawombat on July 22, 2006, 02:03:49 AM
Quote from: clerkguy23 on July 22, 2006, 01:50:55 AM

agreed!  thank you...

Yes, sensible talk for a movie that has no ambition....but where did you get your name from, Clerkguy23?

McfLy

Quote from: polkablues on July 22, 2006, 01:13:16 AM
The next person who types the phrase "View Askewniverse" onto this board gets punched in the eye.  Just fair warning.  We have to draw the line somewhere.

View Askewniverse :whip:

matt35mm

RegularKarate

This movie was somewhere between mediocre and mildly entertaining.  Kevin Smith really does seem like a good guy most of the time... they showed all that stuff he did for Leno before the movie and it was really enjoyable... I just wish he would just do something else.

The drama tried too hard and the comedy was pretty predictable.

clerkguy23

QuoteYes, sensible talk for a movie that has no ambition....but where did you get your name from, Clerkguy23?

yes, there was a time when i was a fanboy. but no longer.

edison

Quote from: clerkguy23 on July 22, 2006, 08:55:19 PM
QuoteYes, sensible talk for a movie that has no ambition....but where did you get your name from, Clerkguy23?

yes, there was a time when i was a fanboy. but no longer.

so in only 24 posts you decided to no longer be a fanboy? must be some kind of record.

modage

clerkguy 23 was a fanboy. clerkguy 24 is all growns up.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.