Clerks II

Started by Myxo, August 28, 2004, 02:27:00 AM

MacGuffin

Quote from: ranemaka13So, I got this from The Movie Blog who got it from Animated-News who got it second-hand from Smith, or something:

At his View Askew website, Kevin Smith reveals that in addition to the live-action Clerks sequel, an animated Clerks movie is still happening. The director goes on to say that the storyline for the animated film revolves around the characters Dante and Randal shooting a movie about working at the Quick Stop.

Can I get a resounding "UGH"

That project has been around for a while:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?p=104953#104953
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: ranemaka13So, I got this from The Movie Blog who got it from Animated-News who got it second-hand from Smith, or something:

At his View Askew website, Kevin Smith reveals that in addition to the live-action Clerks sequel, an animated Clerks movie is still happening. The director goes on to say that the storyline for the animated film revolves around the characters Dante and Randal shooting a movie about working at the Quick Stop.

Can I get a resounding "UGH"

That project has been around for a while:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?p=104953#104953
Right.
Just thought it deserved a mention here. :|

(is this my first Mac-redirect?)
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Banky

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

modage

that seems fan-made.  but i guess its not.  they're using promotional stills from 10 years ago?  or they've imitated their haircuts really well.  either way, he's trying to steal some of sith's thunder by releasing that today!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

nix

totaly fan made. without a doubt.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

cowboykurtis

j=kevin smith is a bull dyke
...your excuses are your own...

MacGuffin

Teaser Trailer

Release Date: March 1, 2006

Cast: Brian O'Halloran (Dante), Jeff Anderson (Randal), Jason Mewes (Jay), Kevin Smith (Silent Bob)

Director: Kevin Smith (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Jersey Girl)

Screenwriter: Kevin Smith (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Jersey Girl)

Based Upon: This is the sequel to "Clerks," the 1994 low-budget hit that launched Kevin Smith's career. It is not a sequel to "The Passion of The Christ."

Premise: Here's what Kevin Smith said to AP: "It's about what happens when that lazy, 20-something malaise lasts into your 30s. Those dudes are kind of still mired, not in that same exact situation, but in a place where it's time to actually grow up and do something more than just sit around and dissect pop culture and talk about sex. It's: What happened to these dudes?"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

ono

Quote from: MacGuffinPremise: Here's what Kevin Smith said to AP: "It's about what happens when that lazy, 20-something malaise lasts into your 30s.
So basically, it's an autobiography.

cine

ONO TIE YOUR GODDAMN SHOES ALREADY!

MacGuffin

Cameras Roll on Clerks 2
Kevin Smith and crew check in via video.

This weekend, while you're considering which movie to see or what DVD to buy, Kevin Smith will be thinking about his next shot on Clerks 2: The Passion of the Clerks. ("What lens should I use? Where's my mark? Is it time for lunch?") That's right, Kevin has started filming his follow-up to Clerks, the movie that built the house Askew. His self-described "impending train wreck," has Dante, Randal, and Jay & Silent Bob at the Quickstop, 10 years later. (Did they ever leave?)

Because you know how second installments tend to go, Kevin asks of you not to call Clerks 2 a sequel. "It's a follow-up," he says. "We don't want to call it a sequel. Jaws 2 was a sequel, and look what happened there. All we're doing is following-up, checking in on our characters 10 years later. It's about all that stuff I used to do in the '90s, before everybody got ambitious."

You might ask: Why the title The Passion of the Clerks? Does it have something to do with Kevin's stamp of hypocrisy on the Christian Coalition? Something to do with their failure to "get" Dogma? Perhaps. But Kevin puts it this way. "It's The Passion… of the Clerks. I like Jesus. So should you. He died for your sins. What better way to honor the savoir - to make a movie that takes its title from a movie that truly honors him - then by calling our movie, very affectionately, and reverently, The Passion of the Clerks?"

Says Kevin in his video diary Back to the Well, "I'm going to hell. I know it. But I knew that back on Dogma. It's not news to me. I'm just going to enjoy the ride on the way there."

So join him, won't you? Following the trail blazed by Peter Jackson (King Kong) and Bryan Singer (Superman Returns), Kevin jumps on the video diary bandwagon. Today at Clerks2.com, the gang adds two new entries, a parody trailer for the original Clerks and Party-Cam with Bryan Johnson. "Follow us on our journey, as we make the biggest mistake of our lives."

If, on the other hand, all goes well - and Harvey Weinstein will make sure of that, right? - Clerks 2: The Passion of the Clerks will be in theaters late next summer.

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

Quote from: MacGuffinTeaser Trailer

That just reminded me how good Clerks is and how awful this idea is.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

mogwai

production stills (the last one is a spoiler, you've been warned)

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

This looks more like Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back 2 than Clerks 2.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye