Marie Antoinette

Started by modage, August 11, 2004, 09:58:49 PM

hedwig

Quote from: Gamblour on December 09, 2005, 07:54:23 PM
Quote from: Hedwig on December 09, 2005, 07:39:35 PM
Quote from: Figure 8 on December 09, 2005, 07:11:54 PM
That New Order song seemed really out of place.  I didn't really like the trailer, but I still have hope that this could turn out to be good.

i don't like it either. i don't like the use of that song. the lyrics maybe link up thematically with the film, but the music itself just .. doesn't. and no i'm not saying a period piece requires the use of music from that specific period.

also i don't get the 80s title card.

visually it's nice, though  :?.

That's what I like about it, this synthesis of the two. I like that Sophia's commenting on the period piece with this energy and vibe we all understand, and through the trailer alone, you know exactly what she's trying to do. she wants to humanize these people as kids like any other generation. i'm sure that wasn't lost on you, but that's why I like it. it's not the lyrics, it's the decade and generation it represents.

right, but on ther other hand, i find it strange that a filmmaker who worked with subtlety so successfully on her last film would attempt to convey that premise in such a blatant, obvious way. you know EXACTLY what she's trying to do, like you said. note--obviously, it's a trailer. i'm not pre-emptively attacking the movie. the concept is cool, but it's poorly executed.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Sal on December 09, 2005, 01:02:29 AM
great leg shot of Kirsten.  Maybe that will be part of the opening credit sequence which would, I think, really outdo the one for LIT.

NOTHING could outdo the opening credit sequence for Lost in Translation.

But this is going to be interesting.  Good or bad, it's going to be interesting.  I'm starting to think that maybe Sofia and Francis should have switched roles in Godfather III.

w/o horse

Quote from: Hedwig on December 09, 2005, 08:03:38 PM
Quote from: Gamblour on December 09, 2005, 07:54:23 PM
Quote from: Hedwig on December 09, 2005, 07:39:35 PM
Quote from: Figure 8 on December 09, 2005, 07:11:54 PM
That New Order song seemed really out of place.  I didn't really like the trailer, but I still have hope that this could turn out to be good.

i don't like it either. i don't like the use of that song. the lyrics maybe link up thematically with the film, but the music itself just .. doesn't. and no i'm not saying a period piece requires the use of music from that specific period.

also i don't get the 80s title card.

visually it's nice, though  :?.

That's what I like about it, this synthesis of the two. I like that Sophia's commenting on the period piece with this energy and vibe we all understand, and through the trailer alone, you know exactly what she's trying to do. she wants to humanize these people as kids like any other generation. i'm sure that wasn't lost on you, but that's why I like it. it's not the lyrics, it's the decade and generation it represents.

right, but on ther other hand, i find it strange that a filmmaker who worked with subtlety so successfully on her last film would attempt to convey that premise in such a blatant, obvious way. you know EXACTLY what she's trying to do, like you said. note--obviously, it's a trailer. i'm not pre-emptively attacking the movie. the concept is cool, but it's poorly executed.

I'm completely with Hedwig on this.

I mean it's a bad idea to do that, we know this.

Hello:

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

i thought the same, but sofia is doing it in an artsy fartsy way. i don't know what to expect about this movie , some of the shots in that trailer are too gorgeous to be disliked, and i'm glad someone  actually remembers stanley kubrick did a movie called barry lyndon, even if it's to rip it off.
context, context, context.

Pozer

Love it.  It beats the Jarhead trailer but The Fountain teaser still reigns.

pete

Quote from: Hedwig on December 09, 2005, 08:03:38 PM
right, but on ther other hand, i find it strange that a filmmaker who worked with subtlety so successfully on her last film would attempt to convey that premise in such a blatant, obvious way.

that movie had the subtlety of an elephant humping a giraffe.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Rudie Obias

i loved the trailer!!  as soon as i heard the new order song, a smile appeared on my face.  i couldn't help not grinning while watching this trailer.  sofia coppola is going to make this film hip and sexy which is very interesting for the subject matter.  i loved the movie logo at the end and i can't wait to see the theatrical trailer.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

hedwig

Quote from: flagpolespecial on December 10, 2005, 07:32:40 PM
i loved lit and vs.

why are people knocking the trailer?

the people who don't like the trailer have specified why they don't like trailer, so why are you asking why people are knocking the trailer?

NEON MERCURY

THIS LOOKS FUCKING GAY....[again, no offense to my homo peeps]...i hated the stupid song in the trailer i hate old englishy type bullshit...i hate dunst..i think she is ugly, annoyign ,and not worth shootign a load on her face when it comes to raunchy sex...the film looks well shot...its just not my thing...i would agree w/ the comparisions to 'a knightrs tale'....although i did like the title card...and its nothign against soppffia either.. shes ugly but i reall yliked lost in trans...an di was hoping that this woudl be worthj my time but its not....thats the good thign about trailers...you can spo tthe shit before you  waste money/your life's expectancy on it

JG

i liked the title card a lot.  but i hate dunst.  and i generally hate period pieces like this.  i really liked LIT, but i wanna see sofia do something modern.  she made japan look fucking beautiful.   i'm sure it will be decent. 

but one day coppola will do something great. 

RegularKarate

Quote from: pyramid machine on December 11, 2005, 09:57:46 AM
THIS LOOKS FUCKING GAY
Just stop saying this!!!!  If you dont' want people to think you're a complete moron, stop saying this.

Quote from: pyramid machine on December 11, 2005, 09:57:46 AM..i hated the stupid song in the trailer i hate old englishy type bullshit...i hate dunst..i think she is ugly, annoyign ,and not worth shootign a load on her face when it comes to raunchy sex...the film looks well shot...its just not my thing...i would agree w/ the comparisions to 'a knightrs tale'....although i did like the title card...and its nothign against soppffia either.. shes ugly but i reall yliked lost in trans...an di was hoping that this woudl be worthj my time but its not....thats the good thign about trailers...you can spo tthe shit before you  waste money/your life's expectancy on it
okay, maybe you DO want people to think you're a moron, but you should still chill out on the "Gay" shit.

Gamblour.

Quote from: JimmyGator on December 11, 2005, 11:04:35 AM
but one day coppola will do something great. 

Quote from: JimmyGator on December 09, 2005, 02:27:38 PM
she'll make a great movie one day if she sticks with it.  we need this chick . 

misogynist.
WWPTAD?

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: RegularKarate on December 11, 2005, 04:56:44 PM
Quote from: pyramid machine on December 11, 2005, 09:57:46 AM
THIS LOOKS FUCKING GAY
Just stop saying this!!!!  If you dont' want people to think you're a complete moron, stop saying this.

Quote from: pyramid machine on December 11, 2005, 09:57:46 AM..i hated the stupid song in the trailer i hate old englishy type bullshit...i hate dunst..i think she is ugly, annoyign ,and not worth shootign a load on her face when it comes to raunchy sex...the film looks well shot...its just not my thing...i would agree w/ the comparisions to 'a knightrs tale'....although i did like the title card...and its nothign against soppffia either.. shes ugly but i reall yliked lost in trans...an di was hoping that this woudl be worthj my time but its not....thats the good thign about trailers...you can spo tthe shit before you  waste money/your life's expectancy on it
okay, maybe you DO want people to think you're a moron, but you should still chill out on the "Gay" shit.

:yabbse-sad: sorry, its just a reaction..like, if i touch something hot-i quickly move my hand away...i see this trailer and the stupid bitch starring in it...i think of "that word"...i will admit in this overly pc world my choice of words would constitute certian people thinking that i am a moron..maybe i am :ponder:...i still think its a little too much to get bent all out of shape over it though....i see plenty of Christian hate going around and i dont get all crazy over it..fiddlesticks, i bet even gay people dont care about my choice of words..

but ........i dotn think that i am a moron for spotting a bullshit film...seriously, how could someone like this...is it cool b/c of the new order song over elegantly shot peices of period film..then its consider "hip" and "artsy"....i think it will be shit...which is a shame b/c lost in transn was fucking incredible..and her follow-up is this?????

the moron would be the person who goes to see this-not me :yabbse-wink:

MacGuffin

Bring back NEON MERCURY!!!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

weakest defense for saying dumb things--"maybe I'm not 'PC'..." like anyone really gives a fuck.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton