Marie Antoinette

Started by modage, August 11, 2004, 09:58:49 PM

edison

Ultrahip

well here's the trailer...interessant, if you ask me.

http://progressive.stream.aol.com//aol/us/moviefone/movies/2005/marieantoinette_023756/marieantoinette_trlr_01_fhywet_dl.mov

modage

Quote from: mutinyco on November 30, 2005, 03:09:55 PM
Seems to me like it's stylistically going to apply Wes Anderson toward Barry Lyndon to heighten the pomposity of the aristocracy.
you were truly a week early prophet.  the music in the trailer and some of those shots (especially dunst on the balcony).  which thank god, cause if she was going to apply Stanley Kubrick stylistically to Barry Lyndon i would have to fall asleep again, but this trailer looks good.   :yabbse-thumbup:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

New Order "Age of Consent" with the youthful decadence of prerevolutionary France??!?! That's the weirdest/greatest trailer I've seen in a long time. It seems to really capture (or at least pretends to capture) the tone of the film.

I agree mutinyco was prophetic. But I think with music like that, it's supposed to emphasize the youthful nature of this aristocracy. also, that shot of Kirsten naked with the fan....FUCKING GORGEOUS.

I've been in the library reading about the French Revolution for four hours now, that trailer was just what I needed.
WWPTAD?

Pubrick

Quote from: Ultrahip Lobster Supper on December 08, 2005, 08:46:54 PM
http://progressive.stream.aol.com//aol/us/moviefone/movies/2005/marieantoinette_023756/marieantoinette_trlr_01_fhywet_dl.mov

all dunst. all good.
under the paving stones.

Ultrahip

anybody know what the song is?

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Sal

This was exactly the kind of self important horseshit I was expecting from Sofia.  Awful trailer, but great leg shot of Kirsten.  Maybe that will be part of the opening credit sequence which would, I think, really outdo the one for LIT.

w/o horse

Quote from: Sal on December 09, 2005, 01:02:29 AM
This was exactly the kind of self important horseshit I was expecting from Sofia.  Awful trailer, but great leg shot of Kirsten.

+

I have low expectations.  It looks like a contemporary piece dressed as a period piece.  People running down stairs and smiling and shit.  New Order.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

killafilm

Quote from: Gamblour on December 08, 2005, 09:31:31 PM
New Order "Age of Consent" with the youthful decadence of prerevolutionary France??!?! That's the weirdest/greatest trailer I've seen in a long time.

Agreed.  I can't help but smile and be happy after seeing this.

Pwaybloe

Yep.  I really liked the handheld shot of them running down the stairs. 

Oh, and the poster font for the title card.  Neat. 

pete

kirstin dunst doing her best Faye Wong.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Figure 8

That New Order song seemed really out of place.  I didn't really like the trailer, but I still have hope that this could turn out to be good.

hedwig

Quote from: Figure 8 on December 09, 2005, 07:11:54 PM
That New Order song seemed really out of place.  I didn't really like the trailer, but I still have hope that this could turn out to be good.

i don't like it either. i don't like the use of that song. the lyrics maybe link up thematically with the film, but the music itself just .. doesn't. and no i'm not saying a period piece requires the use of music from that specific period.

also i don't get the 80s title card.

visually it's nice, though  :?.

Gamblour.

Quote from: Hedwig on December 09, 2005, 07:39:35 PM
Quote from: Figure 8 on December 09, 2005, 07:11:54 PM

i don't like it either. i don't like the use of that song. the lyrics maybe link up thematically with the film, but the music itself just .. doesn't. and no i'm not saying a period piece requires the use of music from that specific period.

also i don't get the 80s title card.

visually it's nice, though  :?.

That's what I like about it, this synthesis of the two. I like that Sophia's commenting on the period piece with this energy and vibe we all understand, and through the trailer alone, you know exactly what she's trying to do. she wants to humanize these people as kids like any other generation. i'm sure that wasn't lost on you, but that's why I like it. it's not the lyrics, it's the decade and generation it represents.
WWPTAD?