Elizabethtown

Started by nevereven, March 27, 2003, 03:55:06 PM

modage

yeah i noticed it in the GS thread a few weeks ago...

Quote from: Mesh
Quote from: themodernage02well if thats the case, then i dont think you're going to care much for Elizabethtown....

Hours after a ruinous product debut, suicidal industrial designer Drew Baylor learns of his father's sudden death. As the only son, Drew must travel to their small hometown of Elizabethtown, Kentucky to attend to his father's memorial. On the flight to Kentucky, Drew meets Claire, a quick-witted flight attendant, who helps him navigate the rough waters ahead and proves that amazing things happen when you least expect them.

Yeah, that sounds like a load of emo crap.  Is PTA directing?   :wink:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

subversiveproductions

ah, on point once again modernage.
www.bloodlessriot.blogspot.com
let me pour my heart out to you strangers.

www.anewnothing.com
smile from ear to blood-dripping ear

Weird. Oh

that synopsis two posts above sounds very similar to the premise of Six Feet Under minus the only son part.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

El Duderino

it kinda sounds like garden state aswell
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

LloydDobbler

Quote from: depooterCrowe actually told me over the holidays that he finished two scripts and is deciding which to do next. He should be ready to go soon (and I should have more info soon)......

thanks
Greg
www.theuncool.com

I read Elizabethtown, great script...but very different in Crowe's ways...but then again throws a lot back to his other works.
"That's a nice hat you're wearing and I don't mean that in an Eddie Haskell sort of way."-Cliff Poncier

Bethie

From The Uncool-

E-Town Release Date

It looks like Elizabethtown will open in the U.S. on July 29th, 2005! Let the anticipation begin. It's good to see a Cameron film getting released in the heat of summer. It's technically the first Crowe film to be released in the summer (not counting Fast Times).  

!!!!!!!!!!!!

8)
who likes movies anyway

tpfkabi

i don't know if it was the title or what, but i was thinking this was a period piece. this is set in modern times, right?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

Bethie

Since a whole two of you care, I'd like to share

From CameronCrowe.com

E-Town Release Date Change
Elizabethtown's release date has officially changed from July 29th to October 14th. Stay tuned to the site for all the latest news on the film.
who likes movies anyway

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Bethie

E-Town Release Date Change
Elizabethtown's release date has officially changed from July 29th to October 14th. Stay tuned to the site for all the latest news on the film.
Ah, shoot. and I'm really feeling sad about this.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

modage

that sucks, but i had a feeling since there has been very little news about this.  like, no previews and such.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Finn

Elizabethtown Poster:

http://www.adangio.com/gallery+images/large/movie148.jpg

The poster might be fake, but I kinda like it. :yabbse-wink:
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

modage

yeah its fake, but not a bad one.

Stefen

I've realized that I dislike everyone in this film, and thus, will not be watching it. Also, I get this and Sofia Coppolas new film mixed up cause I think her new film has actors I dislike too. Also, which one is the period piece? Crowes or Coppolas? I won't be seeing neither so I would appreciate an answer HERE.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.