Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith

Started by modage, June 24, 2003, 06:14:37 PM

The Silver Bullet

QuoteChildhood nostalgia does not a great movie make.
For example, The Never Ending Story.

:shock:
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Ghostboy

And I still love the Star Wars trilogy.

Duck Sauce

From IMDB

The final prequel in the Star Wars franchise will be entitled Episode III: An Empire Divided, according to reports on the internet. Internet critic Harry Knowles, of fabled film website Ain't It Cool News, received a tip off from an Australian contact who spotted an article in a local newspaper, in which a local casting agency talked about recruiting for the film. Correspondent Clinton Kardi noted the casting agency mentioned the title of the new movie, which will begin shooting in Australia shortly, as they talked to the journalist - but Lucasfilm has yet to confirm if the report is true. Frenzied speculation has surrounded the eagerly-awaited film - due for release in 2005 - which will be the last of the legendary Star Wars films from creator George Lucas.

Sleuth

Then the fable is true?  There is a site called Aint It Cool News run by a man called Harry Knowles?
I like to hug dogs

Ghostboy

AIN debunked that rumor almost immediately after posting it. An Empire Divided is the title of an upcoming video game.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: GhostboyAIN debunked that rumor almost immediately after posting it. An Empire Divided is the title of an upcoming video game.

Damn, I thought I had beat Macguffin, but now realize it is only a dream

MacGuffin

That's why I don't go to AICN for news.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

sphinx

Quote from: MacGuffinThat's why I don't go to AICN for news.

:yabbse-thumbup:

modage

darkhorizons.com
Its all about to get underway in Australia on the last of the sci-fi prequels according to The Sydney Morning Herald. The twelve-week shoot officially begins Monday at the Fox Studios complex in Sydney with a 1000-strong crew, 60 Aussie cast members, and 300 extras all set to help out the key returning actors on the project. Unlike "Episode II" however which did some of its filming in London and other locations, SW3 will be shot pretty much entirely on Fox's soundstages with the sole exception of some visual FX plate photography in Italy, New Zealand & Switzerland. George Lucas finished the final draft of the script on Wednesday, and whilst filming will all be done in the next three months, small return visits for additional filming are expected to take place throughout 2004. Meanwhile one of those stupid title rumours that has appeared in the local press seems to have been solved - "An Empire Divided" is apparently the title of a new Lucasarts Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game based in and around "Star Wars", so while it is a SW title its NOT the film's title.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

TheVoiceOfNick

Star Wars will always be the movie that started it all for me... sure, there have been better and worse before it and after it, but nothing got me so excited about movies when I was a kid than the Star Wars trilogy. For each of the new movies i've had super-high hopes, and have always been let down. I'll have super-high hopes for Ep3 because i'm an idiot, but oh well.

Nick

Myxo

Quote from: themodernage02AN EMPIRE DIVIDED?

REVENGE OF THE SITH?

WHO THE HELL CARES?

RETURN OF THE MULLETS!

www.IMDB.com

Star Wars movie-maker George Lucas is insisting all the characters in the new sci-fi sequel sport shaggy seventies-style haircuts - so they look like the stars of the original films. Star Wars: Episode III actors Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen, currently shooting the final installment on set in New South Wales, Australia, are showing off unfashionable "mullet" hairdos - because they were trendy when the first Star Wars film was made in 1977. An onset source explains, "The idea is that it will lead seamlessly on to the original Star Wars movie, starring Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill, which was filmed in the Seventies and had certain hallmarks of that era. It's a bid for continuity. They are trying to capture the shaggy look that was popular then."

jokerspath

Quote from: halo_onRETURN OF THE MULLETS!www.IMDB.com
Star Wars movie-maker George Lucas is insisting all the characters in the new sci-fi sequel sport shaggy seventies-style haircuts - so they look like the stars of the original films. Star Wars: Episode III actors Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen, currently shooting the final installment on set in New South Wales, Australia, are showing off unfashionable "mullet" hairdos - because they were trendy when the first Star Wars film was made in 1977. An onset source explains, "The idea is that it will lead seamlessly on to the original Star Wars movie, starring Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill, which was filmed in the Seventies and had certain hallmarks of that era. It's a bid for continuity. They are trying to capture the shaggy look that was popular then."

That is about the only thing going for this movie.  This, sadly, seems like the only drawing point for me.  I was positive I wouldn't make the same mistake a third time, but this might drag me right back in...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Raikus

Star Wars Episode III: A False Hope

I have no faith in this movie. The original trilogy is great. The government needs to pass a film protection act on the original three to stop Lucas from "improving" them any further.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.