Swimming Pool

Started by jokerspath, July 01, 2003, 02:51:15 PM

jokerspath

This starts Wednesday evening I believe and I saw a trailer that left me iffy.  Anyone gonna see this?

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

filmcritic

I would love to see it. I saw the trailer too and I'll be taking a trip to New York soon and I'm going to try to see it there. It looks really great and Ebert & Roeper gave it two thumbs way up. Judging from the trailer, it looks very haunting and brilliant. It looks like it will also be rather disturbing and dark. I hope it works.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Ghostboy

I thought it looked more like a playful murder mystery. But I'll see anything from Francois Ozon, so I'm there.

pete

this film is terrible.  it's like a lifetime movie with a lot of nudity.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

jokerspath

Quote from: petethis film is terrible.  it's like a lifetime movie with a lot of nudity.

Can't wait...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Pubrick

Quote from: petethis film is terrible.  it's like a lifetime movie with a lot of nudity.
sounds good to me.
under the paving stones.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: peteit's like a lifetime movie with a lot of nudity.

Isn't that like an oxymoron?

Nick

Sleuth

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNick
Quote from: peteit's like a lifetime movie with a lot of nudity.

Isn't that like an oxymoron?

Nick

maybe if it was your lifetime
I like to hug dogs

pete

oh snap, oh hi-five, oh no he didn't!  he was like, you're a virgin!
- Buster Keaton

Sleuth

But dude, I was only kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like to hug dogs

Ghostboy

I just got back from it; it was sort of okay, but if you're in the mood for a lot of nudity, this is your ticket! It's more of an afterthought, compared to Ozon's other films, but it has it's good points (including the nudity). It reminded me, in its twists and turns, of Julio Medem's 'Sex & Lucia,' only far more sedated (for better of worse).

Ludivine Sagnier is quite attractive (and bears a striking resemblance here to Christina Aguilera), but judging from '8 Women,' I had thought she was really young and had very rapidly matured between that film and this one. Turns out she's actually twenty four.

jokerspath

Quote from: GhostboyI just got back from it; it was sort of okay, but if you're in the mood for a lot of nudity, this is your ticket! It's more of an afterthought, compared to Ozon's other films, but it has it's good points (including the nudity). It reminded me, in its twists and turns, of Julio Medem's 'Sex & Lucia,' only far more sedated (for better of worse).

Ludivine Sagnier is quite attractive (and bears a striking resemblance here to Christina Aguilera), but judging from '8 Women,' I had thought she was really young and had very rapidly matured between that film and this one. Turns out she's actually twenty four.

Just saw it as well.  I'm not sure if I feel strongly enough about it either way to give an informed opinion.  I did enjoy a good amount of the photography, as well as the nudity, which was many and plentiful!

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

pete

you didn't see it at the kendall did you?  'cause I've got this godlike ability over there of ripping movie tickets as well as letting people in.
- Buster Keaton

jokerspath

Quote from: peteyou didn't see it at the kendall did you?  'cause I've got this godlike ability over there of ripping movie tickets as well as letting people in.

No, Copley.  But I'm a frequenter of Kendall.  This sounds like a job for PM!

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

filmcritic

I heard that it had a lot of nudity, but I also heard it had a lot of really strong sexual content. Is that true?
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert