Swimming Pool

Started by jokerspath, July 01, 2003, 02:51:15 PM

NEON MERCURY

::the water is much warmer here::

..i have only seen swimming pool .....i liked it...........but i need some help...

SPOILERS

...the ending of swimming pool ....???? what the phuck does it mean...

is it :

a.) sarah made her up in the mold of ludivine.....and she actually was the ugly gril w/ braces

b.) doesn't mean annything and it is just their for "dramatic purposes"...

c.) ____________________________________.....__________________..

btw...if the correct answer is "a"...then why did the daughter not reconize sarah at the end of the film in the publisher's office.......

godardian

Quote from: NEON MERCURY::the water is much warmer here::

..i have only seen swimming pool .....i liked it...........but i need some help...

SPOILERS

...the ending of swimming pool ....???? what the phuck does it mean...

is it :

a.) sarah made her up in the mold of ludivine.....and she actually was the ugly gril w/ braces

b.) doesn't mean annything and it is just their for "dramatic purposes"...

c.) ____________________________________.....__________________..

btw...if the correct answer is "a"...then why did the daughter not reconize sarah at the end of the film in the publisher's office.......

Take a and extend it just that little extra bit further, and your question is answered.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Pubrick

NEON, read page three of this thread.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

I was with this film at the beginning. It was a wonderful relationship between the writer and the daughter, how the writer was repulsed, yet fascinated by the young girl's lifestyle. And as they became friends, it turned into a nice relationship to watch. But then, around the last half hour, the characters started to do things I didn't believe they would do, and that's when my suspicions about what the twist ending was was confirmed. It turned into a mystery/thriller and really felt out of place with the rest of the film.

As for the nudity, it seemed very gratuitous and was better served when it made Sarah uncomfortable and served the story in that way.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

I didnt like the ending... I didnt understand it at first... now I do... and I dont like it... I think the movie was great as it was without that twist

Alexandro

I thought the movie was really cool...

I enjoyed all the way through and then, with the twist ending it just made me smile...it happens a lot in life that you are living a certain situation and you start to imagine really twisted circumstances that could take place and sometimes that becomes short stories or something...I like that...in the end, the movie is about writing...and it's fun...and ludivine is naked...