Kung Fu Panda

Started by MacGuffin, October 31, 2007, 02:27:47 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release date: Summer 2008

Starring: Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman, Jackie Chan, Ian McShane, Lucy Liu

Directed by: John Wayne Stevenson, Mark Osbourne 

Premise: When threatened by a gang of snow leopards, the jungle animals call upon an inept panda to become a kung fu master and save the Valley of Peace.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

I gotta admit, I really enjoyed this. It's not Pixar storytelling, but the animation is gorgeous and it was fun. And the celebrity voices don't get in the way like some of these film tend to do.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fernando

yeah, this was pretty funny and hilarious at times, way better than all shrek's turds, surfing penguins, zoo crap, etc...

I can't believe it didn't get one single post til today actually, but well, while it's no pixar (maybe better than cars only) it's pretty damn close with likable characters and a pretty solid/funny story.

Highly recommended.

modage

not into it.  probably the best looking dreamworks animated film (the not-3D stuff at the beginning was excellent too), but suffers from the usual dreamworks 'who gives a shit' factor.  why are animals acting like humans?  i can't not compare dreamworks to pixar.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.