Punisher: War Zone

Started by MacGuffin, August 23, 2007, 02:40:08 PM

MacGuffin

Alexander on Punisher 2
Director praises Ray Stevenson.

As director Lexi Alexander gears up to shoot The Punisher 2 for Lionsgate, she has posted her first blog about the film and its star, Ray Stevenson, at her official site.

"I can't find enough words of praise to describe this formidable actor and true Gentleman," Alexander wrote of Stevenson. "Ray's name came up on a list that the folks at Marvel handed me. I, shamefully, was not aware of Ray's work so I rented the first season of Rome. It took me no longer than 5 seconds from the time Ray came onto the screen, to know that he is Frank Castle."

She continued, "I can't remember the last time an actor has impressed me so much with merely an expression. Maybe Meryl Streep? Brando? I know these are grand names, but I'm not exaggerating. Ray Stevenson is a grand actor. He is also one of the most committed people I have ever met."

Alexander revealed that Stevenson is currently training with fight choreographer Pat Johnson, and added that he has also "had major Military training with a bunch of badass Marines from a company called Gunmetal. ... They are especially invested in making Frank Castle as authentic as possible, since historically, Castle was a Force Recon Marine."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Trio paged for 'Punisher' roles
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Dominic West, Doug Hutchison and Wayne Knight will strap on the bulletproof vests for Lionsgate and Marvel Studios' "Punisher: War Zone," the actioner based on the Marvel Comics character being directed by Lexi Alexander.

Ray Stevenson already is on board to portray the Marvel vigilante.

West is in negotiations to play the Punisher's archenemy known as Jigsaw, a mob assassin whose face was torn to shreds and stitched back together like a jigsaw puzzle.

Hutchison has taken on the role of LBJ aka Looney Bin Jim, a chemically unbalanced lunatic who considers the world his own private killing field and goes on a maniacal rampage.

Knight is in negotiations to play Microchip, the Punisher's armorer and confident — the man who supplies him with his stockpile of weapons and one of the few people who knows the Punisher's true identity.

Gale Anne Hurd and Marvel's Kevin Feige are producing, and Avi Arad is executive producing. Shooting is scheduled to begin in October in Montreal.

West starred on HBO's "The Wire" and most recently was seen in "300." He is repped by Endeavor and Tavistock Wood Management.

Hutchison recently wrapped production on the Lionsgate horror film "The Burrowers" as well as the indie feature "Moola." He is repped by APA and 9 Yards/Roklin Management.

Knight, who is best known for playing Newman on NBC's "Seinfeld," next will be seen in the indie feature "Throwing Stars."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Everything about this movie was COMPLETELY over the top. From the acting, to the accents, to the violence... and it all worked. It so doesn't take itself seriously. It was like the look of Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet, the grit of The Crow and the violence of an anime cartoon rolled into one movie. For a female director, she has more balls than some male directors to just go all out on an action flick. Seriously, I don't know how they got away with an R rating when heads are shown on screen entirely blown off by bullet blasts. I think I liked it more than the Jane/Travolta film because this one was just fun.

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Couldn't have said it better Mac. Really really fun. McNulty is great as a crazy bad guy. (Mac, purchase all 5 seasons of The Wire' already.) It had everything that is supposed to be in a comic: hardcore violence, bad dialogue, Stupid criminals, and an angry anti-hero. PM, I think you'll enjoy this.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pas

Is it better, equal or worst than Shoot Em Up ??? Is it even same style &

SiliasRuby

Better in its terrible-ness
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pas

MacGuffin

Quote from: Pas Rap on March 24, 2009, 09:02:05 PM
Is it better, equal or worst than Shoot Em Up ??? Is it even same style &

I'd put it more in line with Darkman than Shoot 'Em Up.

Skeleton FilmWorks