The Heartbreak Kid (2007)

Started by MacGuffin, May 31, 2007, 02:05:42 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: October 5th, 2007 (wide)

Starring: Ben Stiller, Michelle Monaghan, Malin Akerman, Jerry Stiller, Robert Corddry

Directed by: Peter Farrelly, Bobby Farrelly 

Premise: Based on Neil Simon's 1972 film, he story centers on a man who is convinced that he has finally met the right girl and marries too quickly. While on his honeymoon and in the process of discovering that his new bride is a nightmare, he meets the girl of his dreams.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

You can say whatever you want but I love Ben Stiller... he is just funny and consistent... even if his films are crap he is goood.

pumba

Never seen the original, but this wasn't bad...I enjoyed it.
There's about a 30 minute lag, and there's a lot to be cut. It's like a GOOD airplane movie. And Jerry Stiller is funny.
It's crazy how similar this is to Along Came Polly though, (which I didn't like). Also, this has a great ending.

grand theft sparrow

It's a movie that you skip in theatres (unless you have friends like mine) but stumble across on HBO 20 minutes into it, watch to the end and say, "That wasn't that bad, really."  There is literally nothing in the movie that makes me want to recommend it but none of it was as miserable as Ben Stiller's or the Farrellys' last couple of movies.  Don't go seeking it out voluntarily but if you're dragged to see it, it could be much much worse.