Duck

Started by Ghostboy, May 06, 2007, 12:15:39 PM

Ghostboy

I just saw trailer for this movie, which is being self-distributed by the director starting next week. How great is it to see Phillip Baker Hall in a leading roll again? Also, the film looks pretty good, too. Annoying fonts notwithstanding.

The Red Vine

It's nice to hear PBH is in another starring role....but with a duck? Ehhhh.....
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

©brad

the duck is great. that last line says it all.

i'm excited.

Pozer

looks quack-tastic. 

hedwig

looks ri-duck-ulously good.

pete

wow, can't even IMDB it.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

Alternate Trailer
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

flock me...

quotes from some IMDBers:
"I'm sad. I caught this at a screening at the Egyptian a week ago. I was hopeful, it had potential, but the dialogue was painful, and the story waddled aimlessly. And the random speeches that made characters sound as if they had memorized sections of the local paper? I would think that there would be a more eloquent way for the director to establish the unpleasant future she strove to create.

For that matter, was there really a reason it had to be set in 2009?

Has anyone else seen this yet? What does everyone think?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I wholeheartedly agree. This one was painful to watch and I would truly be amazed if someone picked it up for distribution. Where you say eloquent I say subtle, in that we were just beaten over the head with the director's politics. This director's a hack and if she keeps putting her home up for hock to make movies like this, she'll be homeless too."

picolas

i think the shot from the trailer where he says to the duck "I'm dying without you, Joey." and then the duck moves his head a little and PBH flinches says it all.