Debbie Harry biopic

Started by MacGuffin, October 27, 2006, 12:36:20 PM

MacGuffin

Dunst to be Legally Blondie?
Source: Moviehole

Is Kirsten Dunst about to go from 'Kissing Spidey upside down in alley' to 'French Kissing in the USA'? According to Liz Smith's Variety column, yup.

The "Spider-Man" fox is apparently being courted to star as 80s rock icon Debbie 'Deborah' Harry, former frontwoman of 'Blondie', in a movie about the flaxen muso and her band.

Like Reese 'Walk the Line' Witherspoon, Dunst can actually sing - as evidenced in the underrated comedy "Get Over It", in which she sang a couple of tunes - so chances are she'll earn the umpteen million she'll be played for going all glam.

Something suggesting that this could very well be a project that happens sooner rather than later is Dunst's schedule, which suggests she's got a pretty clear year ahead. The only film she's committed to do next year, at present, is an untitle drama about Marla Ruzicka, a relief worker who advocated for Iraqi and Afghani victims of the American-led invasions of their respective countries.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

elisha cuthbert would be the best debbie.
under the paving stones.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Michel Gondry To Direct Debbie Harry Biopic
Source: FilmIck

Yet again, Kirsten Dunst has let a closely guarded secret out of her loose lips. In an interview with the New Zealand website Stuff, she has announced an upcoming project with Michel Gondry. She lets on that the film is "about somebody who everybody knows, but I can't say who it is" and then admits that this person is a "well-known singer".

This chimes perfectly with the bits and pieces I have picked up about the potential Debbie Harry biopic - but I simply didn't know that Michel was directing. Now I do, then, yes, maybe, I can see a reason to be very excited about this film.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailynews/3903925a1870.html
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Deborah Harry Gives Dunst Blessing for Blondie Biopic
Source: Spinner.com

When word leaked that 'Spider Man' star Kirsten Dunst was rumored to be playing Blondie frontwoman Deborah Harry in a Michel Gondry-directed film about the New York band, fans started hitting Internet message boards in protest. Dunst was quick to responde, saying, "Debbie chose me for this role so anyone who disputes this can take it up with her."

Spinner caught up with the Rock & Roll Hall of Famer, who just released a new solo album, 'Necessary Evil,' and asked Harry to clarify any rumors as one part of her upcoming Spinner Interview. The iconic frontwoman confirmed that Dunst received her blessing. "She's a really sweet person," Harry says. "I've met with her a couple of times and hung out with her socially. She's just a sweetie." Does that mean she could handle the role though? "I think so. She's probably capable of a lot of things she hasn't been asked to do yet, and doing something that's sort of left of center would be great for her."

Meanwhile, the film is still in the planning stages as Harry admits she's been short on time as of late. "It's something that I'm supposed to be working on," she says. "But it's something that I'm thinking about, and I would base that on Chris [Stein's] and my relationship."

When and if the film does come to be, with the part of Harry presumably settled on, who would Harry like to see play Blondie co-founder and guitarist Stein? "Good question," she says laughing. "I don't know." Let the guessing resume.

Skeleton FilmWorks