The Simpsons Movie
No Country For Old Men
The Darjeeling Limited
Be Kind Rewind
Synecdoche, New York
Snow Angels
I'm Not There
The Mist
I used to do drugs.  I still do but I used to too!

Sunrise

Any self-respecting fan of cinema has to have My Blueberry Nights on their list.
Also looking forward to...
Still Life
Colossal Youth
Inland Empire (will be a 2007 film for me)
The Darjeeling Limited
There Will be Blood
Snow Angels
And many more I'm not aware of at this point

Bethie

Rocket Science b/c I've read that it's perfect
Waitress b/c I like pie
Snow Angels b/c I like DGG
Grace Is Gone b/c I'm into the hype
Dedication b/c I like Crudup's face
who likes movies anyway

modage

my Top Five Sundance 07 entries that i want to see are:

1. SON OF RAMBOW 80's nostalgia!  I grew up in the 80's.  This is going to be perfect.
2. THE TEN Probably not going to be as funny as Wet Hot, but will definitely be funnier than The Baxter.
3. THE SIGNAL This looks so good.  And it's awesome that it was made by real live nobodies.
4. ROCKET SCIENCE It will probably end up more Thumbsucker than Rushmore, but thats ok.
5. SNOW ANGELS I keep giving DGG a shot because I think he could make a great film someday, maybe this is it.

and the Top 5 movies i forgot on my first list:

1. I'M NOT THERE After reading Vachons books I think I want to re-watch all Haynes movies.
2. SUNSHINE This slipped off my list because there hadn't been much word about it but after that trailer I am re-psyched.
3. STOP-LOSS After reading Vachons books I want to rewatch all of Peirces movie.  I can't believe it's been 8 years since Boys Don't Cry.
4. THE HOST Even with Ghostboy crushing my hopes, this looks good.  The poster is awesome.
5. SOUTHLAND TALES After every review crushing my hopes, there was actually a few positive notices at the end of the year for this and after some major re-editing it could be a totally different film.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ElPandaRoyal

01 CMBB

Everything else ceased to exist (that is until people star raving about the Coens again).
Si

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: modage on September 29, 2007, 11:08:55 AM
Quote from: ElPandaRoyal on September 28, 2007, 05:50:42 PM
Everything else ceased to exist (that is until people star raving about the Coens again).
http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=8382.msg244245#msg244245

Oh, I meant when "No Country" comes out and the raves come back like Cannes again and that's the movie people start talking again. I knew about the existence of the movie and the topic, strange as it may seem  :yabbse-wink:
Si