The Dead Girl

Started by MacGuffin, December 29, 2006, 11:34:48 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: December 29th, 2006 (limited)

Starring: Brittany Murphy, Toni Collette, Piper Laurie, Mary Steenburgen, Giovanni Ribisi, Marcia Gay Harden, Rose Byrne, Josh Brolin, Bruce Davison, Mary Beth Hurt, James Franco

Directed by: Karen Moncrieff (Blue Car)

Premise: The murdered body of a young woman named Krista is found by Arden, a lonesome caretaker living with her irascible mother. This leads to Leah, a forensics graduate student whose sister went missing as a child, stumbling upon possible closure when Krista's body appears on her gurney. The story continues with Ruth, who in the midst of a long and intense love/hate relationship with her husband, discovers a disturbing connection between her husband and Krista's murder. Finally, Melora is a mother searching for answers about her runaway daughter Krista's troubled life and finds help in her quest from another troubled young woman.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

when the premise is that long and boring, you know it's gonna be as forgettable as the title. shame cos the talent's there (uh, with a few exceptions).
under the paving stones.

polkablues

I'm just worried that Josh Brolin's enormous head will block my view of Rose Byrne.
My house, my rules, my coffee