Shooter

Started by MacGuffin, December 19, 2006, 08:31:03 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: March 16th, 2007 (wide) 

Starring: Mark Wahlberg, Kate Mara, Michael Pena, Rhona Mitra, Danny Glover

Directed by: Antoine Fuqua (Training Day; The Replacement Killers)

Premise: An ace marksman--living in self-exile in the Arkansas wilderness after causing the death of an innocent person--is convinced by his former associates that they need his help to prevent an assassination. But he is double-crossed and framed for the presidential assassination he was trying to prevent. He is forced to go on the run while trying to track down the real killer and discover the truth of who betrayed him.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

that's really wide.

and a return to the bad black guy taking advantage of an honorable white man formula. i'll rent.
under the paving stones.

gob

Looks terrible. I miss Danny Glover.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: MacGuffin on December 19, 2006, 08:31:03 PM
Premise: An ace marksman--living in self-exile in the Arkansas wilderness after causing the death of an innocent person--is convinced by his former associates that they need his help to prevent an assassination. But he is double-crossed and framed for the presidential assassination he was trying to prevent. He is forced to go on the run while trying to track down the real killer and discover the truth of who betrayed him.
Sounds a lot like something Jack Baur has gone through.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Yeah, it's a Bourne knock-off, just not as good. The story becomes overly complicated, leading to three endings; none of which are satisfying. And all the while, the one element that kept me glued was, I kept wondering, "What was up with Danny Glover's speech impediment? Did he have false teeth, braces or did his suddenly gain a lisp all of a sudden?"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks