I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

samsong

modage

yay, Kim's Video.  hopefully will have time to watch tonite or tomorrow...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

JG

Quote from: modage on June 03, 2006, 04:20:50 PM

yay, Kim's Video.  hopefully will have time to watch tonite or tomorrow...

how'd u pull that off!

modage

Kim's Video sells all cds and dvds as soon as they get them in, regardless of release date.  also saw Dave Chapelle's Block Party, Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls, and a bunch of other stuff.  this was too good to pass up though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

Quote from: Cinephile on June 01, 2006, 11:52:51 PM

I went to Best Buy yesterday and the clerk I asked told me it was coming out next week.  I don't know why he told me that, since the website lists the release date as May 30th.

SiliasRuby

Freedomland
Family Guy Vol. 1-3
Family Guy Presents..The Stewie Griffin Story
Cape Fear (1991)
Scrubs Season 3
The Last Waltz
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

samsong

Fernando

Quote from: Sinephile on June 01, 2006, 11:52:51 PM
and a newly discontinued:

MUNICH TWO DISC EDITION

Why did they do that?

I wanted to get this one later but since this is happening, would you (Sine, Mr. Phisto, anyone) recommend to buy it if it's still available in some stores?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Hellnando on June 06, 2006, 12:05:27 PMI wanted to get this one later but since this is happening, would you (Sine, Mr. Phisto, anyone) recommend to buy it if it's still available in some stores?

If you know Seventh Sealberg's other 2 disc sets (War/Worlds, Terminal, Private Ryan, and so on), you know what the other disc holds. There's no commentary, but a lot of interviews with Seventh Sealberg, the cast and crew focusing on certain aspects of the filmmaking process (along with a photo booklet). Munich's deals with how the Olympic Games affected them and what they wanted to deal with the aftermath with this film. It also seems to be Seventh Sealberg's forum to explain himself (although he doesn't say so) after receiving controversy during the release. So if you're into those kind of extras, it's worth buying.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Rudie Obias

\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

SiliasRuby

Dazed and Confused-Criterion
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

McfLy

modage

6 FILMS & 1 TV SHOW = TOTAL $145

thanksdeepdiscount!*

*i had to get munich from amazon.  stupid out of print...