Lucky You

Started by MacGuffin, July 27, 2006, 02:26:29 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: September 8, 2006

Cast: Eric Bana, Drew Barrymore, Robert Duvall, Debra Messing

Director: Curtis Hanson

Premise: A gifted poker player juggles an intense relationship with his girlfriend's sister, while trying to raise the money to play in his field's annual "World Series" -- even if it means squaring off against his father.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

xerxes

that looks terrible.

modage

Quote from: xerxes on July 27, 2006, 02:40:21 AM
that looks terrible.
Quote from: MacGuffin on July 27, 2006, 02:26:29 AM
Release Date: September 8, 2006

actually i like curtis hanson, despite In Her Shoes being a bit blah, so i will probably rent this just the same.  it may not be great but it will atleast be watchable.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

First Warner Bros. said Curtis Hanson's Lucky You wouldn't be going to the Toronto Film Festival. That in itself was a mild uh-oh. Then WB bumped the release date from 9.8 to 10.27. (The latter release date is currently proclaimed on the official website.) Now Hanson's gambling movie has been bumped to 3.16.07. Obviously there are further concerns. Perhaps the mid-March date -- over six months from now-- is about allowing Hanson to do some additional shooting and tweaking.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

diggler

Quote from: MacGuffin on August 18, 2006, 10:46:23 AM
Obviously there are further concerns. Perhaps the mid-March date -- over six months from now-- is about allowing Hanson to do some additional shooting and tweaking.

cutting a new trailer would be a good start
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

That dialogue is so terrible.

Is it going to be a whole movie full of poker phrases as life postulations?  People learning lessons and finding that the real luck is in finding love?

Fuck that shit.

polkablues

Watching Eric Bana and Drew Barrymore act opposite each other is kind of like watching the Lakers play against the Harlem Globetrotters.  Sure, the Globetrotters can be entertaining at what they do, but the Lakers are a fucking NBA team.
My house, my rules, my coffee

squints

"Poker phrases as life postulations"

its a keeper
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche