The Reaping

Started by MacGuffin, July 19, 2006, 11:11:07 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: November 8th, 2006 (wide)

Starring: Hilary Swank, AnnaSophia Robb, David Morrissey, Idris Elba, Manolo Cardona

Directed by: Stephen HopkinsĀ (Predator 2, The Ghost and the Darkness, TV's 24)

Premise: A supernatural tale that centers on a myth debunker who tries to prove that a small girl is not the supernatural force behind the devastation of a small, religious Texas town.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Warner Bros. Bumps 'The Reaping' Until 2007...

Warner Bros. and Dark Castle's The Reaping was supposed to hit theaters in November. It was revealed to us today that the film is now being bumped back to an undisclosed 2007 date.  In 'The Reaping', Hilary Swank plays a former Christian missionary who lost her faith after her family was tragically killed, and has since become a world-renowned expert in disproving religious phenomena. But when she investigates a small Louisiana town that is suffering from what appear to be the Biblical plagues, she realizes that science cannot explain what is happening and she must regain her faith to combat dark forces threatening the community. 
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Wow.  That's one of the worst posters I can remember seeing.  It looks like the cover of those books that are sold near the magazine section in airports and supermarkets.

polkablues

The tagline says the river's red with blood, but that looks more like neon pink and orange to me...
My house, my rules, my coffee

SiliasRuby

I saw this the other night. It was well done but nothing spectacular. It's exactly what you would expect from the premise written down here and from the trailer but ultimately it has som good plot reversals and surprises. It's also one of those movies that relies on sound design and special effects.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection