Shrek The Third

Started by MacGuffin, July 13, 2006, 01:03:56 AM

Pozer

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on May 19, 2007, 03:31:51 AM
I'm just confused why Red Vines saw this. He knew he was going to hate it. 
that's the way i feel about you and every movie you see.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: pozer on May 20, 2007, 03:22:45 PM

I average one of these every few months. I'm beginning to just laugh them off, but c'mon, all good swipes deserve some clarification. Explain yourself. Because I looked at your last post on the Dark Knight thread and for the first time noticed you as a member because you're everywhere and I wondered why you replied to everything and always said absolutely nothing.

MacGuffin

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on May 20, 2007, 04:00:10 PMI looked at your last post on the Dark Knight thread and for the first time noticed you as a member because you're everywhere and I wondered why you replied to everything and always said absolutely nothing.

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 22, 2007, 12:55:32 PMpozer is actually Harry Knowles.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on May 20, 2007, 04:00:10 PM
Quote from: pozer on May 20, 2007, 03:22:45 PM

I average one of these every few months. I'm beginning to just laugh them off, but c'mon, all good swipes deserve some clarification. Explain yourself. Because I looked at your last post on the Dark Knight thread and for the first time noticed you as a member because you're everywhere and I wondered why you replied to everything and always said absolutely nothing.
what does that tell you if you get one of these every few months?  you come off as hating most of the movies you see/review.  so that's all the clarification i have.  it is just a 'good swipe' tho, and i enjoy reading some of your posts/reviews.  and as for me saying absolutely nothing to everything, do you ever think maybe you say too much?  :yabbse-undecided:     

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: pozer on May 21, 2007, 11:17:23 AM
do you ever think maybe you say too much?  :yabbse-undecided:     

Absolutely not. Because when I did post less for a period of time, I was accused of hating movies at random only. Explaining myself saves me from people thinking I just bash movies to bash movies.

The people who attack me can be temperamental anyways. They may like a review I do for a movie that they agree with, but as soon as I go against a favorite of theirs, everything I say is something else. Until they start to actually criticize my point of view with some points, I can't take it serious.

And you know what? Everyone here loves Stanley Kubrick, but his mantra was that if you're only going to agree or complement everything, don't fucking speak. Criticism and problems were the only things that were useful to him. I like that approach. I recently watched Pirates of the Carribean 2 and liked it, but what can I say about it that no one else has? I'm not going to get in the line of agreement because the post won't matter.

And if you look at my last posts, my negative comments came with mixed feelings where I liked aspects of what I saw or I was able to praise something else. Hating most of EVERYTHING wouldn't include going 50/50 with what films you talked about recently.

You may not hate everything I say, but you did lash out at me when I wouldn't have lashed out at you for something that was just fundamental about the way someone posted. I don't care how you post. I'll take issue with things you say. You could do the fucking same for me. Until then, fuck you.

Pozer

:shock: i didnt know i was lashing out at you and didn't realize youd be so sensitive about it.  it was just a stupid joke, and i dont really think you actually hate all movies.  im just going to say sorry and never do it again. 

and dude, there really should be no hate, in the loveable Shrek thread nonetheless.

Ravi

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070608/ap_en_mo/people_jeffrey_katzenberg

Film producer says more Shreks to come
Fri Jun 8, 12:35 PM ET

BERLIN - Galvanized by the success of "Shrek the Third," Jeffrey Katzenberg says the tale of the green ogre who married a princess will continue.

"More Shreks are coming!" producer Katzenberg, flanked by "Shrek" stars Cameron Diaz, Mike Myers and Justin Timberlake, said at a news conference in Berlin on Friday.

Katzenberg said there will be a half-hour animated TV special, "Shrek the Halls," featuring the Shrek characters' versions of holiday traditions.

As for the plot of the fourth installment of the "Shrek" movie franchise, Katzenberg would only reveal that Shrek will have to come to terms with something difficult in his past.

The DreamWorks animated blockbuster opens in Germany on June 21.

Timberlake, who voices the future King Arthur, said his favorite moment while working on "Shrek the Third" was listening to director
Chris Miller do the voices of the animated cast.

"He can actually do every voice," said Timberlake. "He does a pretty good Mike (Myers). He can't do a very good Shrek, but he can do a good Mike doing Shrek, so it was a lot of fun to work with him."

MacGuffin

Poor lesson: Teacher shows bootlegged 'Shrek'
'A friend hooked me up with it,' teacher Lovell Quiroz allegedly said

PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - He doesn't want to be an ogre about it, but the father of a fifth-grader thinks teachers are wasting time when they show movies in class — and if the film is a bootleg, he says, "That's a really terrible lesson."

Tim Trewhella, 46, said his 10-year-old daughter reported that her class watched the animated movie "Shrek the Third" on Tuesday and recognized it as the fairy-tale hit still showing in theaters.

"A friend hooked me up with it," teacher Lovell Quiroz said, according to the girl.

Peekskill schools Superintendent Judith Johnson issued a statement saying administrative approval is required before a video is shown in elementary school and "if a pirated video was shown it is in violation of district policy." An investigation was under way, the statement said.

An attempt to meet with Quiroz at the school was foiled by a security guard who ordered a reporter off school property.

The Motion Picture Association of America says major American movie studios lost $6.1 billion to piracy in 2005, 20 percent of that in the U.S.

"I don't want to see the guy hung for this," Trewhella said. "I would just like him to apologize."

Trewhella also says that what really bothers him is how often teachers show non-educational videos in class, bootleg or not.

"I run a candy and toy store," said Trewhella. "I completely understand about entertaining kids. But it has its time and place."

He said going public "might be making this unpleasant for the school district. But as a taxpayer and a parent, I don't want my dollars going for movies. It's the teacher's job to make the educational stuff interesting."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin on June 22, 2007, 11:58:40 AM
"I run a candy and toy store," said Trewhella. "I completely understand about entertaining kids. But it has its time and place."

I wish he was my daddy.

Kal

I didnt want to see this... but I was still in Argentina and the options were more than limited... and I HATED IT. I actually enjoyed the first two. The first was original and the second was not original but entertaining. This SUCKED.