Ratatouille

Started by MacGuffin, February 06, 2006, 08:35:06 PM

MacGuffin

Disney expects to release Pixar rat film in 2007

The Walt Disney Co. expects to release Pixar Animation Studios Inc.'s film, "Ratatouille" in the summer of 2007, Disney Chief Executive Robert Iger said on Monday.

The film, about a rat that lives in a French restaurant, will follow Pixar's summer 2006 release "Cars." Disney has announced its intention to buy Pixar in a deal worth $7.4 billion.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 06, 2006, 08:35:06 PM
Disney expects to release Pixar rat film in 2007

The Walt Disney Co. expects to release Pixar Animation Studios Inc.'s film, "Ratatouille" in the summer of 2007, Disney Chief Executive Robert Iger said on Monday.

The film, about a rat that lives in a French restaurant, will follow Pixar's summer 2006 release "Cars." Disney has announced its intention to buy Pixar in a deal worth $7.4 billion.

Dreamworks and Aardman are doing a film with rats on the other end of the digestive system.

Flushed Away

MacGuffin

Bird catches 'Ratatouille' for Pixar pic
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Pixar Animation Studios' Brad Bird will direct "Ratatouille," the computer-animated mouse tale that was developed in-house by the studio's Oscar-winning short-film director Jan Pinkava ("Geri's Game"). The deal was confirmed Friday at the Disney shareholders meeting in Anaheim. The story centers on a skinny rodent who fancies himself a gourmand and lives in a Parisian restaurant. A sneak peek of the film, with fully rendered CG characters, was introduced by John Lasseter and shown to attendees at Friday's meeting. It was expected that Pinkava would direct the project, and Bird was said to be developing a sequel to his 2004 Oscar-winning film "The Incredibles." Execs also confirmed at the meeting that Glen Keane's directorial debut, "Rapunzel," remains in the early stages of production utilizing a combination of 2-D and 3-D processes. "Ratatouille" is the eighth animated feature film produced by Pixar. It is scheduled for release June 29, 2007.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 13, 2006, 12:17:41 AM
Bird catches 'Ratatouille' for Pixar pic
i love bird and the incredibles so i hope using him as a 'director for hire' doesnt make a difference in the projects quality.  i can remember hearing about this for a long time so i hope that bird not being there from the beginning doesnt make the project any less HIS. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

French Trailer here: http://www.cinoche.com/trailers/2382/2522

RATATOUILLE is currently slated for a June 29, 2007 release. It's co-directed by Brad Bird (you know, he directed IRON GIANT and THE INCREDIBLES) and Bob Peterson - whose involvement with past Pixar projects ranges from art/animation to voice work.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

I just saw this trailer and rushed over here to scream like a little girl about how amazing it is that Patton Oswalt is the main character's voice!

Brad Bird AND Patton working on a movie together is to me like some super good athletic sporty guy joining a sports team with another super awesome athletic sporty guy to a person who understands and likes sports.

AMAZING... I can't stop smiling.

©brad

that looks wonderful.

i'm also glad they taught the general american public how to pronounce ratatouille. i can hear the producers during the pitch going "no one will know how to say it! you gotta doing something! change the title!"

Pubrick

i like saying ratatouille.

if i were a disney/pixar exec i'd hav em change the title to 'ratatouille pather panchali' and make millions in pronunciation alone.
under the paving stones.

Fernando

It should be called Ratnerville.  :yabbse-grin:

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: RegularKarate on June 09, 2006, 10:31:23 AM
Brad Bird AND Patton working on a movie together is to me like some super good athletic sporty guy joining a sports team with another super awesome athletic sporty guy to a person who understands and likes sports.

haha, you must be excited to be attempting that reference.

Ravi

Wasn't there a Bugs Bunny cartoon where he says "ratatouille?"

Quote from: RegularKarate on June 09, 2006, 10:31:23 AM

To put it in words we can understand, its like Akira Kurosawa and Robert Altman working on a film together.  M*A*S*Homon.

pete

am I heartless if I don't find it very interesting or charming?  it just looked something too clever by a few straws.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

RegularKarate

Quote from: pete on June 10, 2006, 01:06:03 AM
am I heartless if I don't find it very interesting or charming?  it just looked something too clever by a few straws.

You're heartless AND you have no faith in talent.

Ravi

Just saw the trailer.  Its hard to get excited over this teaser, but Brad Bird + Patton Oswalt = anticipation.  Certainly looks better than the trailer for Cars.