How Starbucks Saved My Life

Started by MacGuffin, March 28, 2006, 12:45:32 AM

MacGuffin

Hanks in 'Starbucks' brew
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Tom Hanks sure likes his triple venti latte.

The actor is attached to star in "How Starbucks Saved My Life," a fiction book proposal by Michael Gates Gill that was sold to Universal. Gus Van Sant is in negotiations to direct. Hanks will produce with Playtone partner Gary Goetzman.

The story centers on an older ad exec who loses his job and family and has to go to work at Starbucks to pay the bills. He befriends the young manager and learns about life and love.

CAA-repped Gill is a nonfiction writer and speaker who co-wrote "Fired Up! The Dramatic Truth of What It Really Takes to Move from Fearful Employee to Successful, Fired Up Entrepreneur."

Van Sant, repped by WMA, is attached to direct "The Time Traveler's Wife" at New Line. His credits include 2005's "Last Days."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

soixante

I was wondering what Van Sant would do after his minimalist trilogy.  Does this mean that Tom Hanks is doing an art film, or that Gus Van Sant is doing a Nora Ephron movie?  Is Meg Ryan going to be in it?

Maybe this is just a two-hour commercial for Starbucks.  You've heard of product placement?  This is more like movie placement.
Music is your best entertainment value.

modage

yeah either Van Sant is going back into Finding Forrester mode or Hanks is sinking his career.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Just Withnail

Finding Forrest

P's was better, but I have a hang-up about not letting my bad jokes out, afraid I might just explode one day, in a brilliant blaze of bad puns

Fernando

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Garam

gopher69

QuoteI was wondering what Van Sant would do after his minimalist trilogy.  Does this mean that Tom Hanks is doing an art film, or that Gus Van Sant is doing a Nora Ephron movie?  Is Meg Ryan going to be in it?
   :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That just kills me!! Hanks in an art film?!?  Van Sant doing Ephron?!?  Don't get me wrong 'cause I think Van Sant is a genius but I might actually pay the ten bucks to see that train wreck.   I haven't had a laugh like that in ages!  Thanks Soixante, you made my day!
"I need to go to Utah and I need a jet heater."

Pubrick

under the paving stones.