Refused Are Fucking Dead

Started by GoneSavage, March 07, 2006, 01:43:11 PM

GoneSavage

This is finally coming out.  I hope it lives up to the hype I've been building in my head. 
Source:  Burning Heart

AUS: 2006-04-15
Scandinavia: 2006-04-19
DE,AT,IT: 2006-04-21
EUR: 2006-04-24
US: 2006-04-25

"Refused are dead. They spent their last year in existence touring godforsaken hellholes scattered around the western world. This is their testament. 
In 1997 Refused wrote and recorded their farewell record, the seminal "The shape of punk to come", hailed by many as an undisputed masterpiece of the genre. 

Years of intensive touring were finally paying off some and yet within the band there brooded a feeling of bitter fatigue. Weary and tired Refused dutifully put on a series of uninspired peformances, grinding what little energy they still possessed down to nothing. When the police officers finally forced their way through the crowd at their very last show with the intention to shut it down, it seemed a fitting end to a story of revolutionary romanticism and merry rebellion. 

However, the bandmembers felt liberated as well as conflicted by the intervention, far from the defiant emotions of their audience. 

In this undaunted documentary, Refused guitarist Kristofer Steen retraces the steps of how punk rock´s brave new sound forged it's way through the swamps and swill on their last campaign in Europe and America, rushing like mad dogs to meet with their inevitable doom."

great. i had no idea about it . the shape of punk to come is still one of my favorite albums.
context, context, context.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I don't imagine this will have too wide of a release, but I'm hoping it could be somewhere near here.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

GoneSavage

mogwai

Quote from: GoneSavage on March 14, 2006, 02:29:21 PM
straight to dvd
that's correct. it'll be released in sweden on the 22nd of march.

to be released by burning heart records / epitaph in april 2006!