Bandidas

Started by MacGuffin, December 19, 2004, 04:04:24 PM

MacGuffin

Hayek, Cruz Hit It Off on 'Bandidas' Set

Spanish film star Penelope Cruz and Mexican actress Salma Hayek say they hit it off from day one during the filming of "Bandidas," a Western about two female outlaws set in 19th Century Mexico.

"We've enjoyed it from the first day until yesterday," said Cruz about 14 weeks of working with Hayek, mostly in the northern Mexican state of Durango. "Now she's a one of the best companions I've ever encountered or ever will. We have an incredible communication."

Written and produced by French filmmaker Luc Besson, "Bandidas" tells the story of two women one rich, the other poor who overcome their differences to work together robbing banks. Same Shepard and Dwight Yoakam also have roles in the movie, which finishes shooting this week and does not yet have a release date.

Besson testified to the close relationship between the two starring actresses, noting that the friendship verged upon the conspiratorial.

"I just want to tell you it's 100 percent true," said Besson, who recently produced the U.S. action film "Taxi," a remake of the 1998 French film he wrote. "They love each other, sometimes too much. They speak Spanish. We don't understand anything."

Hayek, who was born in Coatzacoalcos in the Gulf coast state of Veracruz, said her role as a Robin Hood-style bandit came easy after a piece of advice from Besson.

"The first thing he told us was, it's very important that these women be heroes, but never stop being women, that they not be women trying to be men," Hayek said.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pedro

hahahah that movie is going to be hilarious.

Ravi

If they're lesbian bandidas, I'll be there.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: RaviIf they're lesbian bandidas, I'll be there.

Counter-programming to Brokeback Mountain, perhaps? Pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease...

That picture of the two of them reminds me of a dream I had once...

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: RaviIf they're lesbian bandidas, I'll be there.

hahahaha.i was thinking the same thing...look at he picture of them..they look like a very sexy lebian couple...and beleivable too.  ellen and anne were a gross lesbian couple....and rosie and the attractive short hair blonde lady were way too off the wall.but these two ladies look great together...

i like the smirk on cruz's face..

ono

So who's the butch and who's the bitch?  Penelope is taller, so she's probably the dominant one, but you never can tell.  Salma makes the big bucks so she definitely wears the pants.  Oh this is so arousing confusing.

Ravi

What are you talking about, "pants"?  There's not going to be any pants.

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: TBA 2006 (wide)

Starring: Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek, Steve Zahn, Dwight Yoakam, Audra Blaser

Directed by: Joachim Roenning, Espen Sandberg 

Writers: Robert Kamen, Luc Besson

Premise: Sara (Penelope Cruz) and Maria (Salma Hayek) are two women who reluctantly join forces to fight a ruthless enforcer...by becoming celebrated bank robbers.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

killafilm

Is that the worst cut trailer ever?

I'm there though...

pete

I bet there will be no female nudity.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

Quote from: Pubrick on February 06, 2006, 08:17:05 AM
and with three two nobody directors, it's gotta be good!
under the paving stones.