the matador

Started by cron, January 07, 2006, 06:58:57 PM

no thread about this movie,  :ponder:. it looks like a movie i would enjoy watching with my grandmother.
trailer:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/weinstein/the_matador/

a friend recommended it and they're saying good things about brosnan.
context, context, context.

SiliasRuby

Saw this last night. A Sweet and memorable movie, but nothing to rush out and see. A great turn by bronson.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

matt35mm

The Red Vine

yes, it's nice. lovable with a lot of heart.

at least I'll never think of the term "all you can eat buffet" in quite the same way again.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

diggler

Quote from: SiliasRuby on February 13, 2006, 03:58:15 PM
A Sweet and memorable movie, but nothing to rush out and see. A great turn by bronson.

I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Gold Trumpet

The story could have been fleshed out. They could have added more characters and more story. The final twist at the end illustrates the slim hold this film has. The relationship between Kinnear and Brosnan was enjoyable, but it was also off balance and straining to be worthwhile the entire way through when it needed more steam.

The true enjoyment of this movie is Pierce Brosnan. He's not playing a great comedic role, but he has a such a great artiface to his character that every line he says and thing he does is enjoyable. It happily reminded me of what Kevin Kline was able to do in A Fish Called Wanda. (which I watched after The Matador to just seize the moment)