The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Started by MacGuffin, December 16, 2005, 02:25:51 PM

MacGuffin

See Pitt as Jesse James
Brad as America's most notorious outlaw.

Here's a look at Brad Pitt as legendary Wild West outlaw Jesse James in the forthcoming Warner Bros. Western (with the unusually lengthy, but cool title), The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

The movie, from Warner Bros. and Virtual Studios delves into the private life and public exploits of America's most notorious outlaw. As the charismatic and unpredictable Jesse James (Brad Pitt) plans his next great robbery, he wages war on his enemies, who are trying to collect the reward money - and the glory - riding on his capture. But the greatest threat to his life may ultimately come from those he trusts the most.

Andrew Dominik (Chopper) wrote and directed the movie which is based on the novel by Ron Hansen.

Pitt stars along with Casey Affleck, Sam Shepard, Mary-Louise Parker, Jeremy Renner, Paul Schneider and Sam Rockwell.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

I remember the word was that Robert Duvall was also in this. I checked IMDB last week and saw he wasn't. Is this thread just confirmation?

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

polkablues

I already saw this movie.  It was called "American Outlaws".  No, wait.  I didn't see "American Outlaws".

Anyways, nice wheat.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ultrahip

How about an "insert your own caption" thing for what Brad might be thinking about in that picture.

modage

a good western would be awesome.  i don't know if this will be that film though, cause brad pitt's on a shit streak since the first Oceans film in my book (that was good, everything after not-so-much), but the title has balls. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Ultrahip on December 18, 2005, 06:32:51 PM
How about an "insert your own caption" thing for what Brad might be thinking about in that picture.

You mean, besides Angelina?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ultrahip

Aside from Angelina, and aside from Cloon-dog's Lake Como villa.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

pete

I'm really digging this whole generation of actors' lowkey siblings who are doing solid acting work like casey afflect and the culkin kids and virginia madsen.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Derek237

MacGuffin

Warner Bros. publicity confirmed today that they're delaying Jesse James's release until early 2007. This is being done "due to Brad Pitt's shooting schedule for Oceans 13."

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Something has to be wrong... either the film is not very good or there is some other issue. That film was intented for holiday season release.

MacGuffin

'Jesse James' to be released in February
Still wondering when we'll see Brad Pitt as ? Producer Tony Scott promises it'll be worth the wait
By KEVIN WILLIAMSON -- Calgary Sun

HOLLYWOOD -- Moviegoers have been gunning to see Brad Pitt as outlaw Jesse James for more than a year.

And now director Tony Scott -- who produced The Assassination of Jesse James with his brother Ridley -- tells the Sun the dark, sprawling western, co-starring Casey Affleck as James' killer, will be released in February.

A few months ago, a minimalist trailer announced the duster, which was filmed around Calgary and Edmonton last fall, would be out in September.

Just weeks later, and rather unceremoniously, the project was bumped into the nether regions of 2007.

This sort of scheduling move usually indicates, at best, what a dark lord of the Sith might describe as a "disturbing lack of faith" on the part of the studio.

At worst, it's a portent of a deeply troubled production.

Not so, says Scott, director of such testosterone-fuelled actioners as True Romance and Man on Fire.

(Ridley's no slouch either, having helmed, among others, Alien, Gladiator and Blade Runner.)

"It's great. We have to be careful how we market it because it's like a Terrence Malick film," he says, referring to the legendary director of such visually sumptuous epics as The Thin Red Line and The New World.

"But it's really good and Brad's terrific in it -- he just gets better with age."

In addition to Pitt and Affleck, The Assassination of Jesse James also stars Sam Rockwell, Sam Shepard, Mary-Louise Parker and Zooey Deschanel.

Scott, an avid rock climber, is no stranger to Calgary, frequently coming here to shoot commercials for the overseas markets -- when he's not scaling mountains.

"I love it there."

Skeleton FilmWorks