Lady In The Water

Started by modage, November 20, 2005, 10:04:44 PM

modage

i almost forgot.  i saw the teaser for Lady In The Water before Harry Potter.  it looks...different.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

72teeth

Spoiler:
it aint water and that aint no lady...

in all seriousness though, i really fuckin hope this has a straight ending...if theres a fuckin twist, im gonna throw such a shit. theres no way he'd even think about doing another one, is there...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

matt35mm

I forgot where I read this, but yeah, it is going to have a twist ending.

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

MacGuffin

Teaser Trailer here.

Release Date: July 21st, 2006 (wide)

Cast: Paul Giamatti, Bryce Dallas Howard, Freddy Rodriguez, Jeffrey Wright, Bob Balaban, Sarita Choudhury, Mary Beth Hurt, Cindy Cheung, Joe Reitman.

Director: M. Night Shyamalan (The Village, The Sixth Sense, Signs, Unbreakable)

Screenwriter: M. Night Shyamalan

Premise: In Lady in the water, a story originally conceived by Shyamalan for his children, a modest building manager named Cleveland Heep rescues a mysterious young woman from danger and discovers she is actually a narf, a character from a bedtime story who is trying to make the treacherous journey from our world back to hers. Cleveland and his fellow tenants start to realize that they are also characters in this bedtime story. As Cleveland falls deeper and deeper in love with the woman, he works together with the tenants to protect his new fragile friend from the deadly creatures that reside in this fable and are determined to prevent her from returning home.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

oscar for giamatti.

and i'd like to propose that teasers are today's greatest art form.
under the paving stones.

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 21, 2005, 11:31:20 PM
a story originally conceived by Shyamalan for his children

At least it wasn't written by his children...

Ghostboy

The Good: Paul Giamatti
The Bad: The typeface! My god, the typeface!
The winner: Chris Doyle.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

That poster offends me because I have flat feet, and when my feet are wet, there is no semicircular indentation like these water footprints.
WWPTAD?

Pubrick

that poster offends me because i don't find women's feet attractive, especially wet feet, they stink.
under the paving stones.

Bethie

The poster offends me because it says M. Night Shyamalan.
who likes movies anyway

matt35mm

Quote from: Pubrick on December 14, 2005, 10:54:25 PM
that poster offends me because i don't find women's feet attractive, especially wet feet, they stink.
But she's the LADY IN THE WATER!!!  Obviously she has a supernatural thing going for her, perhaps in which her feet don't smell, with or without being wet.

Anyway, some people somewhere are definitely getting off on that poster.

Ultrahip

wait a minute, wait a minute, isn't the lady in the water a mermaid?

those must be giamatti's footprints...unless that's what these are:

http://crazyinlove340.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/bigfoot.jpg.w300h327.jpg

Pubrick

Quote from: Ultrahip on December 15, 2005, 11:26:25 AM
wait a minute, wait a minute, isn't the lady in the water a mermaid?
no dude the twist is she's one of them reverse mermaids. u know, where for once the fishy part of a woman is found ABOVE the waist.

AM I RIGHT PEOPLE??
under the paving stones.