Hail, Caesar!

Started by Astrostic, September 06, 2005, 07:34:49 AM

Astrostic

Aint it Cool News reports that George Clooney has mentioned his involvement in a new Coen Bros. film titled "Hail, Caesar!"

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21178

exciting; slightly reminds me of Waiting For Guffman.

kotte

Hope this'll be better than Ladykillers...

Garam

modage

Quote from: kotteHope this'll be better than Ladykillers...
it CANT be worse.  

for those who don't want to click...

In VOGUE magazine, George Clooney said that he's going to reteam with the COENS on "Hail, Caesar!." It's set in the 1920s and it's about a bunch of idiots attempting to put on a play of the Greek tragedy. The Cohens said it'll complete their "idiot trilogy" with Clooney (the others being O Brother, Intolerable Cruelty).
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

The more movies I see, the more esteem I lose for the Coens.  These guys made Blood Simple and The Big Lebowski?  Barton Fink and Miller's Crossing?  I was bored by O Brother, Where Art Thou? at first, but I'm still finding merit even in that, having revisited it recently for several reasons.  But they seem to have become a parody of themselves.  Still waiting for them to redeem themselves.

polkablues

What an honor it must be to be the star of the "idiot trilogy".
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: onomatavivaThe more movies I see, the more esteem I lose for the Coens.  These guys made Blood Simple and The Big Lebowski?  Barton Fink and Miller's Crossing?  I was bored by O Brother, Where Art Thou? at first, but I'm still finding merit even in that, having revisited it recently for several reasons.  But they seem to have become a parody of themselves.  Still waiting for them to redeem themselves.

Not only parody, but parody equal to every other bland comedy out right now. Never liked Big Lebowski, but at least it was its own beast.

The Red Vine

Quote from: polkabluesWhat an honor it must be to be the star of the "idiot trilogy".

particularly since the first two weren't that great anyway
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

Garam

I really liked O Brother. Ah well.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

yeah! "O Brother" is the only film like it.  some cliches (liike the bankrobber really being a wuss...oh yeh and it was based on some "odyssey" thing...) but cool enough....
& I actually saw some of Ladykillers & liked it too.

DID NOT LIKE INTOLERABLE CRUELTY.

loved BloodSimple.