Lonesome Jim

Started by MacGuffin, August 30, 2005, 09:58:36 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: TBA 2005 (limited)

Cast: Casey Affleck (Jim), Liv Tyler (Anika), Mary Kay Place, Kevin Corrigan, Seymour Cassel, Jake La Botz, Jack Rovello

Director: Steve Buscemi (Trees Lounge, Animal Factory)

Screenwriter: James C. Strouse (feature debut)

Premise: Failing to make it on his own, 27-year-old Jim moves back in with his parents and deals with crippling family obligations.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Ghostboy

Quote from: GamblourGarden State?

It really is, almost beat for beat. But it's not as 'hip,' or 'quirky,' as it were. It's all around enjoyable, and those that hated Garden State will probably find that this film tells the same story better; but yeah, it does feel awfully familiar. Seymour Cassell is great in it, though.

killafilm

It looks great for being filmed on miniDV.  You can find a neat interview with the DP over at dvxuser.com

w/o horse

I talk about the movie in this post, mention particular scenes.  Spoiling potential, but nothing ruining I don't think.

There was some really funny stuff in the beginning and then it got really depressing but not too depressing because it's one of those "Hell, goddamn, my life isn't so bad" feelings. 

"It's really strong."  "Yeah, I put some crack in it."  The uncle was the comic relief as far as comic relief went in this movie.  Evil, riding his high-end scooter and selling $10 Nutter Butters.  A great character, somehow true though I've never known a man exactly as such.

Low on histrionics and high on realism.  Painful truths, painfully slow moments.  Tyler running down the stairs to kiss Affleck was sweet.  The music sucked - strangely appropriate.

I fucking love Buscemi's movies honestly, all three have been experiences for me, and I'm going to make the obvious comparison between him and Cassavetes.  He exercises a lot of control, maintains a tone.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.