bring me the head of alfredo garcia.

Started by NEON MERCURY, August 25, 2005, 09:56:11 PM

NEON MERCURY

i saw thsi at blockbuste for sale [$4.99 vhs] and having seen the films poster, hearign good word of mouth, seeing straw dogs, and reading "a strange, wierd masterpiece" on the back of the box from ebert...i made the blind buy purchase....and damn, its easily one of the best films i have ever seen...when watching it...it seemed so far ahead of its time...like, if it came out now people; would be saying its the hippest shit out there...i am at a lost for words [it sort of reminded me of a more talent ed and artful tarantino]..but its surreal and times...and its..its....um, ITS JUST SO FUCKING COOL!!!...and there are lost of tits..the lead actress is gorgeous..and did an incredible job........i want some of you people to tell me what you thought of it.....and if you havent seen it, you havem y approval.. :yabbse-grin:

is there are definative dvd for this ?..i hate vhs..and its a beautiful film

modage

the definitive (and only) dvd release of this (in r1) came out in March finally.  i still havent seen this yet though i will get around to it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

....thanks mod.
i am curious for anyone who has it....is the transfer really good...or its it run-of-the-mill?
sometimes mgm sucks

meatwad

i have the dvd. it's not a great transfer, just so-so.

and yes, this movie kicks ass. not as good as straw dogs, but still good

Weak2ndAct

'Garcia' gets bonus points for having a scene where Warren Oates pours booze on his crotch to kill crabs.  Glorious.

Alethia

peckinpah's best film, and the dvd's fine.