In Her Shoes

Started by MacGuffin, June 16, 2005, 01:21:49 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: October 7th, 2005 (wide)

Starring: Cameron Diaz, Toni Collette, Shirley MacLaine, Mark Feuerstein, Brooke Smith, Francine Beers, Richard Burgi, Norman Lloyd, Eric Balfour, Andy Powers, Marcia Jean Kurtz, Anson Mount, Nicole Randall Johnson    

Director: Curtis Hanson

Producer: Curtis Hanson, Lisa Ellzey, Carol Fenelon, Ridley Scott, Tony Scott

Screenwriter: Susannah Grant

Premise: Maggie (Cameron Diaz) is fun-loving and irresponsible. Her older sister Rose is a high-powered lawyer who watches Maggie's wild life with distain. When an attempt to live together fails miserably, they go off in different directions to find the missing pieces in their lives. Based on the book by Jennifer Weiner.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

i'm not sure why this has been delayed so long.  the trailer is not terribly attractive but I like Curtis Hanson and have to see it if only to see why the hell he was interested in this movie.  they must be desperate for an audience to advertise in a trailer for this much of a chick flick, from the director of LA CONFIDENTIAL and 8 MILE?!  are they trying to tell people he's out of his league?  oh well, maybe it will be like Wonder Girls....
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

the first thing i thought of when i saw the title was "smelly feet".

foot fetishist will love this. also, unless they used up all the shots in the trailer, there will be a decent amount of butt. i would definitely see this if it was retitled In Her Butt.
under the paving stones.

modage

Quote from: Pubricki would definitely see this if it was retitled In Her Butt.
we need to get you into a focus group.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

and then gently murder you.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

Quote from: peteand then gently murder you.
under the paving stones.

Finn

It doesn't look very good to me at all but there will probably be two redeeming values: Cameron Diaz's body and Curtis Hanson's direction
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Thrindle

A really good chick flick.  Balled my face off and enjoyed every second of it.  No one here will end up watching it I'm sure, but it's definitely not a waste of two hours.  Besides, Shirley Maclaine is brilliant (as always) and the seniors in this movie are fantastic.
Classic.

Gamblour.

Quote from: ThrindleA really good chick flick.  Balled my face off and enjoyed every second of it.

Freudian?
WWPTAD?

abuck1220

it was very good.

sometimes it's fun to go to a movie you would never normally go to.

modage

so its not a Spanglish-like misfire? i'll rent it and tell no one.

Thrindle

Quote from: modageso its not a Spanglish-like misfire? i'll rent it and tell no one.
Not at all.  I mean, yeah it's got some cheese to it... anything involving romance usually does... but for the most part it's just honest.  I'm pretty confident that you'd like it.

Quote from: Gamblour
Quote from: ThrindleA really good chick flick.  Balled my face off and enjoyed every second of it.

Freudian?
Sigh... celebacy doesn't agree with me I suppose... next time maybe I'll bawl instead.
Classic.

abuck1220

the only part that i thought was overly cheesy was...

SPOILER

...when the old guy that she read to died. as soon as you saw that guy, you knew he was a goner. plus, w/ all those old people around, you knew somebody had to kick it.

but that wasn't a major part of the story, so i let it slide.

life_boy

Quote from: abuck1220 on October 10, 2005, 12:06:36 AM
the only part that i thought was overly cheesy was...

SPOILER

...when the old guy that she read to died. as soon as you saw that guy, you knew he was a goner. plus, w/ all those old people around, you knew somebody had to kick it.
POSSIBLE SPOILERS
At least Cameron Diaz didn't end up marrying the guy's son and the two sisters have a double wedding ceremony.  That would've been terrible.