saturday night live

Started by sphinx, March 09, 2003, 05:38:36 PM

Myxo

Tonight we get a re-run of..

QUEEN 'walking stereotype' LATIFAH (Host & Musical Guest)  
11:29pm 2005-03-05

:yabbse-thumbdown:

ono

Tonight, as said before, is a new episode.  David Spade hosts with musical guest Jack Johnson.  Next week, Ashton Kutcher hosts with musical guest Gwen Stefani.  On April 9th, Cameron Diaz hosts with musical guest Green Day.  So basically, Lorne doesn't want anyone to watch.  Ever.

Stefen

If he enlists Kutcher, Stefani, Diaz, and Green Day, wouldn't that mean he want's people to watch, and they will?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ono mo cuishleOn April 9th, Cameron Diaz hosts with musical guest Green Day.

Hmmm... That may change:

Cameron's Head Wound Shock

Cameron Diaz has been taken to hospital needing several stitches in her head after falling from a chest of drawers. The actress was reaching above a wardrobe when she tumbled at her home in Hollywood Hills, reports The Sun. Her pop star boyfriend Justin Timberlake heard the crash and found her unconscious on their bedroom floor, bleeding badly from a head wound.

The Charlie's Angels star was rushed to hospital, received nineteen stitches and was treated for back strain.

The paper quotes a friend of the couple as saying: "Justin was frantic with worry.

"Cameron was out cold and covered in blood from her head wound."

The couple had just returned from a camping trip in South Africa.

It appears Cameron was packing their gear back on top of the wardrobe, struggled to reach up and overbalanced after climbing on a chest of drawers.

It's not the first accident to befall the star, the keen surfer broke her nose whilst out on the water during a holiday in Hawaii back in 2002.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

Don't be hatin' on Green Day, ono. I know their singles suck, but the new album kicks ass.

And sucks for Cameron. That had to be pretty frightening for Justin (I'm not being sarcastic, think of how fucked up you would be if you saw that)
WWPTAD?

ono

...I wasn't.  That was just in reference to people complaining about their guest selection.  Ashton Kutcher may be a douchebag, but he has potential for a funny show.  Don't care all that much about Stefani.  Diaz can be funny too (if she's healed), and Green Day isn't bad at all.  Boulevard of Broken Dreams is quite nice.  Jesus of Suburbia is great, too.

I was too tired to pay too much attention to SNL last night, but I liked most of what I saw and taped the rest.  The Sean Penn roast was great, and I enjoyed bits and pieces of the dirtbag(?)/burnout convention sketch.  Can't remember too much else right now.

Thrindle

Quote from: ono mo cuishleAshton Kutcher may be a douchebag.

That was brilliant.
Classic.

Myxo

I loved the Sean Penn roast. That was some funny shit..

NEON MERCURY

QuoteI loved the Sean Penn roast. That was some funny shit..

:saywhat:  i guess i might hav e abad sense of humor or not get things, but i actaully watched soem of last nights episode.  since i talk so much shit abiout how awful th eshow is i thoguth i should at try to force myself to watch a few skits.  and i am sorry to say but the show really is awful.  i cant believe that the same peopel who relish godard, wes anderson, coppola, etc [i.e. meaning= talented directors] but yet they think snl is quality television?  how? why? not trying to bitch but i just dont get it.

i saw the sean penn roast skit which was so unfunny asnd embarrasing i felt uncomfortable watching it.  then i saw the david spade ups skit.  and couldnt believe what passes as a skit these days.  it was so stupid.  and then the skit with david spade and whoever where they sing songs in front of an audience.  wtf?

Myxo

Different strokes for different folks right?

You've probably got people here who love Godard and Duece Bigalow as well.

Pubrick

Quote from: NEON MERCURYi cant believe that the same peopel who relish godard, ... etc ... but yet they think snl is quality television?  how? why?
actually this part makes sense.

the same ppl who like godard cos they're supposed to are the same who laugh at snl cos they're sposed to.
under the paving stones.

classical gas

i am here in defense of neon mercury.  that is all..., except this, snl ain't so good now, sorry.

the problem i see with liking comedy is that  if you get to see a comedian perform and you're in the right mood for his material,  you may say 'this person's great' and stick to that idea.  , but since most people take comedy lightly, they  never get critical enough to  even analize if they still like the person or show. i say this because i used to be like that until i realized that for years i watched a show that really made me laugh hard  just the first time i saw it.
context, context, context.

ono

A little forecast from tvtome.com:

16-Apr-2005: Tom Brady / TBA
07-May-2005: Johnny Knoxville / TBA
14-May-2005: Will Ferrell / TBA
21-May-2005: Season Finale, TBA

Also, "Stay tuned to SNL this week as a former cast member will return for a sketch and there will also be one more special guest. Stay tuned to SNL to find out who."  Whatever that means.

modage

lemme guess.  drew barrymore and jimmy fallon?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.