Red Eye

Started by MacGuffin, March 18, 2005, 05:58:10 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: August 25, 2005  

Starring: Rachel McAdams, Cillian Murphy, Brittany Oaks, Kyle Gallner, Laura Johnson

Directed by: Wes Craven

Premise: Lisa Reisert hates to fly, but the terror that awaits her on the night flight to Miami has nothing to do with a fear of flying. Moments after takeoff, Lisa's seatmate, Jackson menacingly reveals the real reason he's on board: He is an operative in a plot to kill a rich and powerful businessman, and Lisa is the key to its success. If she refuses to cooperate, an assassin awaiting a call from Jackson will kill her father. Trapped within the confines of a jet at 30,000 feet, Lisa has nowhere to run and no way to summon help without endangering her father, her fellow passengers and her own life. As the miles tick by, Lisa knows she is running out of time. She desperately looks for a way to thwart her ruthless captor and stop a terrible murder.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Just Withnail

Now that something entirely different from the trailer to whatever Craven's other new film was called. Been a long time since I honestly could say I'm interested in Craven's next, but that trailer/ teaser sure hit the spots. Being scary and effective while not revealing anything, keeping me spoiler free. That was until I read half the synopsis Mac posted. I got as far as it mentioning SPOILERS that the Cillian Murphy character is there to assasinate someone. END SPOILERS. Okey, now it isn't as exiting as initially assumed, but interesting nonetheless.

john

I saw the trailer today in front of Ring 2....wouldn't have guessed THAT is what it was about.

I'm kinda disheartened in a way....

But, in another way, wasn't that interested to begin with.

Cillian Murphy is a fucking gem though. He'll sail through this.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

pete

coll-air-ateral.
did collateral start some kinda trend, just like Die Hard 20 years ago?  are we gonna get collateral on a boat, a spaceship, a cabin, an elevator?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ultrahip

Tryskadekafobia

I'm game for Collateral on an elevator.

matt35mm

They did a better job of making it seem like a romance before the kicker.

It probably won't amount to much, but it is certainly different for Wes Craven.  Still, not much more than just a "high-concept" suspense a la Phone Booth or something.

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin
"don't make me rub my eye on you."
under the paving stones.

pete

I still can't believe they're making horror movies about conjectivitus now.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

metroshane

Always bet on black.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Ravi

Quote from: peteI still can't believe they're making horror movies about conjectivitus now.

That would be Pink Eye.

atticus jones

pink eye was the prequel...

what are you blind?
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

Ravi

atticus jones

nice cover art...

looks like that time i tried to phluck this chuck in hur eye

it was whore able an ob seen
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

RegularKarate

So I saw this at a sneak tonight (nothing else to do, the lady of the house was away on business)... this movie completely did it's job.

It's not even an hour and a half... it doesn't try to trick you into thinking it's anything other than what it is.

McAdams is hot, Cillian is mean, and I didn't want my money back (well, I didn't pay for, but I wouldn't have been mad if I had).