The Upside Of Anger

Started by MacGuffin, March 11, 2005, 03:06:08 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: March 11th, 2005 (NY/LA)

Cast: Joan Allen (Terry Wolfmeyer), Kevin Costner (Denny Davies), Mike Binder (Adam "Shep" Goodman), Erika Christensen (Andy Wolfmeyer), Alicia Witt (Hadley Wolfmeyer), Keri Russell (Emily Wolfmeyer), Evan Rachel Wood (Popeye Wolfmeyer), Tom Harper (David Junior), Dane Christensen (Gorden Reiner), Danny Webb (Grey Wolfmeyer), Magdalena Manville (Darlene), Suzanne Bertish (Gina)

Director: Mike Binder (The Sex Monster, TV's The Mind of the Married Man)

Screenwriter: Mike Binder

Premise: After being abandoned by her husband, a woman finds her life changed when a once-great baseball star steps in as her drinking buddy and becomes an ad-hoc member of the dysfunctional family.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

GoneSavage

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MY EYES!  FUCK!  MY EYES MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP!

Myxo

Pedro

how much time did you spend making that?

Myxo

Quote from: Pedro the Alpacahow much time did you spend making that?

Like a minute.

Did you want one for your Llama?

Pozer

Yes. Do his Llama. DO HIS LLAMA!

SiliasRuby

This really looks terrible....
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Finn

Well Ebert & Roeper thought it was great so I'm slightly interested in seeing it.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Small Town LonerWell Ebert & Roeper thought it was great so I'm slightly interested in seeing it.

Glad to hear it. Fans of Costner have been waiting for a good return to the romantic comedy.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: SiliasRubyThis really looks terrible....
I think I spoke too soon and went with the general consenus of the previous people posting that I said the above statement, that and I was a little bit buzzed from alcohol last night but it doesn't look that bad. I've been waiting for a great costner movie for a while. I hope this does it. This is also, I believe written and directed by a guy that did an HBO sitcom a while back about men and women so disregard the first by me, I now give it's premise and potential a  :yabbse-thumbup:. So there you go.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetFans of Costner have been waiting for a good return to the romantic comedy.

Quote from: SiliasRubyI've been waiting for a great costner movie for a while. I hope this does it.

You guys are seeing as a Costner movie. It's really a Joan Allen film.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

Recently read a review - Kostner claims Binder is the new Woody Allen - Comments like that are somewhat arbitrary. I thought Mind of the Married Man was a decent show -- havent seen anything else Binder has done. I'll be curious to check this out.
...your excuses are your own...

cowboykurtis

Quote from: cowboykurtisRecently read a review - Kostner claims Binder is the new Woody Allen - Comments like that are somewhat arbitrary. I thought Mind of the Married Man was a decent show -- havent seen anything else Binder has done. I'll be curious to check this out.

o posted this BEFORE watching the trailer -- not so curious anymore
...your excuses are your own...

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinCast: Joan Allen, Kevin Costner, Mike Binder, Erika Christensen, Alicia Witt, Keri Russell Evan Rachel Wood,
that's a nice assortment.
under the paving stones.

metroshane

Saw this last night.  Costner was good, real good.  Allen was good but her character had no redeaming qualities.  I had no sympathy or pathos for her at all.  

The other chicks were hot.  Binder tried to make thier stories important too so they wouldn't just be eye candy...but I'm not sure it worked.  Not enough time for 6 stories in a 2 hour movie.

Overall, it was decent.  The only let down was that as a romantic comedy...it wasn't funny.  I didn't laugh one single time, and I wanted to punch Joan Allen's character in the face.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.