easy

Started by Rudie Obias, November 12, 2004, 02:31:10 AM

Rudie Obias

\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

ono

Maybe, you could say, perhaps, that it was directed by Jane Weinstock and you can find more information about it here.  Or that it's about "a sharp-witted, sexy young woman ... a self-described 'jerk magnet.'"  Or that "she makes a living as a namer ... (meaning) she gives products their identity. But she's very confused about her own (identity)."  Or that "she finds herself in a love triangle with two seemingly decent men, she struggles to make the right choice."

I mean, you could have said "all those things," and we'd all be very interested in "hearing" them because then we'd know "what the hell" this "movie" was "about" instead of just "enjoying" a "trailer."

(Imagine Chris Farley using finger quotes for maximum effect.)

cine

Since rudieob doesn't "own a toothbrush"..

Rudie Obias

Quote from: wantautopia?Maybe, you could say, perhaps, that it was directed by Jane Weinstock and you can find more information about it here.  Or that it's about "a sharp-witted, sexy young woman ... a self-described 'jerk magnet.'"  Or that "she makes a living as a namer ... (meaning) she gives products their identity. But she's very confused about her own (identity)."  Or that "she finds herself in a love triangle with two seemingly decent men, she struggles to make the right choice."

I mean, you could have said "all those things," and we'd all be very interested in "hearing" them because then we'd know "what the hell" this "movie" was "about" instead of just "enjoying" a "trailer."

(Imagine Chris Farley using finger quotes for maximum effect.)

jesus christ!  do you also want me to hold your hand while you click the link, making sure you're gonna do it correctly or even enjoy the process.  the trailer was only 2 minutes long, just watch and make up your own mind and stop being a baby.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

ono

Okay, the gentler, more comedic approach didn't work.  Do I have to ask P or whoever added it to add even more rules to the guidelines for starting a Grapevine thread?  Is this not enough:
Quote from: Under The Grapevine is written notNews about upcoming movies that are actually going to be released soon and have a trailer to go with them, or other substantial promotional material. Exceptions granted to big stuff (eg. Episode 3, Alexander). If you don't have a trailer link or anything for a movie you just read about, post your news in the relevant thread for the director or actor attached. Thanks.
Yeah, your post had a trailer, but if you're gonna start a thread, at least put some thought into it or something.  That's all we ask.  (Do I really have to add a smiley face here?  I hope not.)

By the way, rekindling the ghost of Chris Farley/Bennett Brower was nice.  I downloaded an old sketch of his.  Highly recommended.  :yabbse-thumbup:

cine

Quote from: rudieoboops?