The Devil's Rejects

Started by MacGuffin, November 04, 2004, 06:33:33 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: TBA 2005 (wide)

Cast: Natasha Lyonne (Candy), Steve Railsback (Sheriff Ken Dwyer), Bill Moseley (Otis Driftwood), Sid Haig (Captain Spaulding), Matthew McGrory (Tiny Firefly), Sheri Moon (Baby Firefly), Karen Black (Mother Firefly), P.J. Soles (Susan), Michael Berryman (Clevon), Ken Foree (Charlie Altamont), Kane Hodder, Robert Allen Mukes (R.J. Firefly)

Director: Rob Zombie (House of 1,000 Corpses)

Screenwriter: Rob Zombie (House of 1,000 Corpses)

Premise: The unthinkable horror and chaos continues a few weeks after the events depicted in House of 1000 Corpses, as this film's focus shifts to a conflict between the various evil family members of the first movie and a new set of murderous loonies, in a blood-soaked road movie that leaves that 'House' with all its corpses. With two gangs of bloodthirsty bodily mutilation enthusiasts set loose at each other's necks, who will emerge victorious? The conflict starts when the 'house of 1000 corpses' is raided by a S.W.A.T. team, where the events of the first film are discovered in all of their shocking horror... As the maniacs the media dubs "The Devil's Rejects" flee the scene of the many, many crimes as their house burns down, they take off on a bloody road trip...

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

this is white trash - no pun intended
...your excuses are your own...

modage

actually, and i HATED house of 1000 corpses.  i thought it was a pile of badly written/acted/shot crap, like unbelievably bad.  and when i heard sequel i though, oh god.  but when i saw the trailer the other night i was actually thinking 'eh, ill probably rent this anyway'.   i dont know why, i guess i'm just hopeful that maybe zombie can turn his obsession with horror movies into a decent maybe even good movie.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

I feel exactly the same way. Except I'll probably see it in theaters. It can't be as bad as the first one...

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02actually, and i HATED house of 1000 corpses.  i thought it was a pile of badly written/acted/shot crap, like unbelievably bad.

Quote from: GhostboyI feel exactly the same way. Except I'll probably see it in theaters. It can't be as bad as the first one...

Well, I for one, liked the first one, and didn't think it was "unbelievably bad." When you get really bad horror movies like "Jeepers Creepers" (which I feel about that film as mod-age probably feels about this one), "Wrong Turn," "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake and so on, where you want the main 'hero' characters to die, and yet aren't really behind the 'killer(s)', I'll take this kind of fun horror movie over those.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

jeepers creepers is good!  i loved the idea of 1000 corpses but hated the execution!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02jeepers creepers is good!

And that's why you have the avatar rank you do.

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

dude, its two movies we strongly disagree on!  that doesnt mean i'm against everything you stand for.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

That's the best damn poster I've seen in ages.

Brazoliange

I love, love, love, love, love the first.

*goes and giggles in the corner like a little girl and wishes it wasn't so damn far from release....*
Long live the New Flesh

NEON MERCURY

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: GhostboyThat's the best damn poster I've seen in ages.

Definitely!  

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that that's the best horror poster I've ever seen.  If the movie is half as scary as that poster...

Pwaybloe

Summer in hell is pretty hot, I imagine.

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin
that poster would've benefited from this dude in a peek-a-boo.

under the paving stones.