raiders of the lost ark: the adaptation

Started by pete, September 21, 2004, 10:34:10 AM

pete

holy crap.  I just saw this movie last night, it was possibly the greatest things I've ever seen.  it completely lives up to the hype and myth surrounding this remake.  and for those all two of you who haven't heard of the story already: a bunch of 12-year olds from Mississippi set out to remake Raiders of the Lost Ark in 1982, shot by shot, stunt by stunt (save the air field sequence), and completed it 9 years later, starring all their friends.  IT WAS AMAZING.
Too bad most of you won't live to see it.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ghostboy

Spielberg loves it and is trying to get it released somehow.

RegularKarate

Quote from: pete
Too bad most of you won't live to see it.

Hey Pete, how many times are you going to say shit like this?

"I Just saw the limited release XXX Plus... it was the best thing ever, but most of you will never be able to see it"

anyway... Yeah, this was really funny (it's online, btw... most people CAN see it)... the guys that made it showed it at the Alamo last year... too bad you weren't there Pete.

pete

I once peed on a fire hydrant at the same exact time a puppy was peeing on it on the other side, too bad you weren't there to see it.  you spaz.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Finn

Yeah I saw it back in April and was really amazing. They had a q&a after the movie with the guys who did it. Really interesting stories.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

bonanzataz

i almost went last night. i would've seen you, petey boy. you going to blue velvet next week?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ravi

Quote from: GhostboySpielberg loves it and is trying to get it released somehow.

Lucas sued the kids who did the same thing with Star Wars.

©brad

lucas is a nerd. if sum kids wanted to recreate my movie, i say rock on.

edison

edison

Quote from: RegularKarate
(it's online, btw... most people CAN see it)  

....where?

Ravi

Quote from: ©bradlucas is a nerd. if sum kids wanted to recreate my movie, i say rock on.

The kids are buried deep inside the Lucasfilm archives.

BTW, I was joking about Lucas suing kids.  But it isn't too far-fetched.

MacGuffin

You guys really have it out for Lucas.

Quote from: RaviBTW, I was joking about Lucas suing kids.  But it isn't too far-fetched.

Actually, Lucas is pretty okay with fans using his characters for their own 'interpretations' like for that fan film called "Troops" that was based on the tv show "Cops." It's when the Star Wars image is controversial that his legal team steps in, like when rappers Luke Skywalker and the Two Live Crew sing "Me So Horny."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks