django (eward and Film Student's love nest + swinging pete)

Started by Alethia, August 20, 2004, 11:07:18 PM

Alethia

this was one of the coolest, most entertaining westerns i have ever seen.

Film Student

Agreed.  I would almost take the "Django" series over the "Man With No Name" series... almost.

Not to mention,  "Django, Kill! If You Live, Shoot" is quite possibly the coolest title of all time. Ever.

If you like Django, you should check out "Bullet for the General", another fairly obscure but equally great spaghetti western...
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Alethia

oh bullet for the general is fuckin great!!  so is django kill, its so over the top and just fucking crazy, i love it!  i still have to take leone over these but its a very close call..

Film Student

Quote from: ewardoh bullet for the general is fuckin great!!

Klaus Kinski is the fuckin' man.

Have you heard the story about how Herzog pulled a shotgun on him? Funny shit.
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Alethia

Film Student

Kinski and Herzog were legendary for how much they hated each other, yet inexplicably continued to work together... They would yell and scream and throw things at each other, get into fist fights, etc.

When Herzog was gearing up to make "Aguirre: The Wrath of God", evidently Kinski was refusing to make it... So legend has it that Herzog pulled a shotgun on him and threatened to kill him if he didn't star in the movie.  

There are a lot of other great stories about Kinski; at one point he was making serious claims that he was Jesus.
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Alethia

Film Student

Who changed the title of this thread?

Also, eward, you left your thong at my place the other night...
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Alethia

pete

where were you kinski lovers when they were complaining about the number of kinski photos I submitted for the xixax banners?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Film Student

Quote from: petewhere were you kinski lovers when they were complaining about the number of kinski photos I submitted for the xixax banners?

Sorry, Pete, I'd taken a long sabbatical from xixax and my return was very recent, or else I would have rushed to your defense.
                                                                          --Ann Coulter