Team America *Contains Dialogue Spoilers

Started by Redlum, July 21, 2004, 04:40:06 PM

UncleJoey

Quote from: MacGuffinNot all Korean kids want to smoke Marlboros and wear Levis."

What is this world coming to?
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

Weak2ndAct

So... 8 pages and no mention of the 'panthers'???

ono

I'll give the movie credit for that.  Yeah, them "panthers" were terrifying, alright.  They looked so lifelike, too.

Myxo

©brad

felt like a 30 minute south park episode stretched out. and it did lose steam at some points (mainly the middle)

but

it was undeniably hysterical. i don't see why ppl are so hung up on the political crap. it works best as a spoof on bruckheimer movies. i mean, that's really all it is in my mind.

cine

Spoilers.... what else is new...

Just saw this. I was crying so much when Gary was leaving the bar drunk.. and then the vomit. I thought I might die.

Just so I know.. what did the sex scene show for you yankees? Because apparently it was cut down to make an R rating... So what exactly did you all see?

Ghostboy

Everything except bodily fluids, I think. They pretty much ran the gamut of positions.

matt35mm

I think the "U.S." version is the same as everywhere else.  But either way, the version we saw basically had several positions and the puppets were humping the whole time.  That was about it (not even close to NC-17 in my opinion).

I bet it was difficult to cut parts out, since the whole thing was playing with a song ("Only A Woman"), so they had to re-structure whole bits, probably.

My guess as to what could offend the MPAA is either oral sex (not shown explicitly in the final cut) and the previously mentioned "acrobatic" sex.

This movie was a satire of two things and a direct attack on one thing:  It was a satire of big Bruckheimer-type action movies and the idea that America can police the world (even when that pisses everyone off).  And it's a direct attack on celebrities who, Parker and Stone feel, shouldn't really act as though their thoughts are somehow more important or more informed on these matters (why should we care what celebrities think, etc.).  Those are the only real targets of the movie, as I saw it.

Plus is has rockin' music that perfectly satirizes Bruckheimer movies ("... Freedom costs a buck 'o five..."), but South Park was better.  But I see South Park as an untouchable pinnacle of movie magic, so it's hard to live up to that, I know.

cine

They always referenced that they blew off Garafalo's head.. but wow, that Susan Sarandon fall was intense.

Film Student

The censored scenes involved golden showers and pearl necklaces.
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Myxo

cine

Quote from: MyxomatosisYou are wofwess Awec Balwin!
More like "You all wolthless Arec Bardwin"

but pete can translate it better than I can.

Ravi

context, context, context.

Just Withnail

That's it, I'm getting this one off the net.

I might not be alive when we get it over here.